Ratings for Dr. Barbara Fischer

Did a urine test for a bladder infection in her office and tested positive. I told her I'm seeing a specialist (urologist) in 5 MONTHS from today for my bladder problems (that are so bad that I cannot sleep from the pain, yay Canada health system!), and so Dr. Fischer told me she couldn't help me, since "we need to be meticulous about this." Did she take my temperature? No. Did she perform any kind of examination? No. Do I have a kidney infection? Well, we're certainly not going to find out by seeing Dr. Fischer. She also told me it was terrible that I had 7 kids, that it was my mom's fault I have interstitial cystitis, that I should go on a juice cleanse, and that my husband should quit his job and stay home to help my blood pressure. MY CHILDREN AND MY HUSBAND ARE A BLESSING AND IT'S NOT MY FAULT I'M SICK BUT IT'S YOUR FAULT I'M STILL SICK YOU AWFUL DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

saw her at after hours clinic in abby, she rushed through the appointment and was rude. Told her all my very obvious symptoms of mono, then she looks in my throat and tells me I have tonsillitis. After that she says I might have mono, and I'll need blood work done. She prescribed me penicillin, which makes you break out in hives if you have mono. now my entire body is covered in a rash. She rushed through the appointment in like 5 minutes, and then tells me that "it's my problem". obviously. Was a waste of my time, and now I'm more sick than I was just a couple of days ago.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

I went to Dr Fischer about 8 years ago. I was happy to find a woman Dr taking new patients. I would regularly go for PAP tests, she told me everything was fine. I would complain about horrible side pains and other symptoms. She just disregarded me year after year. I finally got in with a new Doctor, who sent me to a specialist right away. They found that I had a large cyst twisting my right ovary (the reason for my horrible side pains) and I had very well progressed cervical cancer. I had to go for surgery right away on both. I would not recommend Dr. Fischer to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Doctor Fischer's diagnostic and prescribing skills are impeccable, her prognoses have all proven accurate and her every remedy and/or course of treatment of great benefit. A Medical Practitioner whose very superior intelligence impresses, Doctor Fischer is by no means intellectually narcissistic and combines the very best of science with the warmth and humility often referred to as a "good bedside manner." I pray and trust my recall of her warmth and competence will accompany me, eventually -- but not too soon -- into my Alzheimer's.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

My sister-in-law went to see this doctor in Abbotsford just yesterday, January 16, 2012.....Ha!!! I am not the only one...I was sent by my Dr. to go see a Dr. Barbra Fishcher in Abbts. I had to first wait my turn to see her and that's ok. Then I had to drive 2 hours too go see her. Let me tell you when I walked out of there, I felt attacked and rejected. This women yelled at me and rushed through the whole appt. in about 4 mins. She has no compassion and was very rude and then when she was finished with me just walked out of the room..Anyway I just went to a sight where you can leave a comment about Drs. and guess what it seems she does this to a lot of women..I have one thing to say..I went here for some hormonal help and this uncaring women needs to put herself on some hormones!!! I just wish I would have spoke up to her cause obviously she thinks.."Her s..t doesn't stink"!!!.... my recommendation never go to this woman.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

Dr. Fischer is an amazing doctor!! I went to her for a second opinion about a lump I discovered in my chest. I was so impressed by how nice, friendly, knowledgeable and honest she is. She did a thorough check up and I never felt rushed or uncomfortable, turns out that I had a fibro adenoma which had to be removed ASAP. She answered all of my questions in detail and even gave me a list of books and other resources to read up on about my condition and overall breast health. She also suggested which supplements to take to improve breast health and even though they sold them at the clinic she suggested other retailers. She is not a pill pusher and she won’t tell you what you want to hear. She is open to alternative medicine which is so refreshing to hear from a doctor. Hands down the best doctor I have ever gone to!!!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

Someone here said she will not rush you out if it's serious... but she did. I had a serious diagnosis and she was making a hasty exit after about four minutes. Did not want to stay for any of my questions. sigh

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

Dr. Fischer was very rude to me at her office on Clearbrook Road. She was taking female clients who need PAP's done and I was able to get an appointment with my daughter for her first time PAP. When she came to see me she asked me how I got into her clinic and that she does not want to be a "Female Only" doctor and raged at me for coming into her clinic, she was very rude, loud, and unfriendly... the worst encounter with a doctor I have ever had!!!! She seems to be a geriatric only doctor. Left, will never go back of course!! I am a nurse!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

Just saw this woman at a walk-in clinic. Rude, unhelpful and didn't even bother to follow through with any of the symptoms my daughter complained about. Threw a prescription on the counter and walked out while we were still talking to her.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

She kept walking around as I spoke to her, left the room at one point and yelled to me from across the hall. She seemed disinterested in the problem. Said a referal was needed to a medical specialist but that she could not give it. It seemed like she was telling me to find a doctor who could give a referal. This was one of the strangest appointments I have ever been to. I thought the appointment was a complete waste of time and tax payer money.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010