Ratings for Dr. David Butler

Very helpful, knowledgeable and direct... a lovely doctor, minus the arrogance that often accompanies the profession.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Dr. Butler is an excellent surgeon, however, his booking clerk is rude and uncooperative beyond belief. While Dr. Butler is exceptionally good and very personable, this woman who makes his bookings is slow to respond to messages and made me feel like she was doing me a real favour. Such a shame for such a great doctor's patients have to endure such rude incompetence.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

i had cataract surgery on both eyes last year. Dr. Butler was excellent! My sight is now much improved although i still have to wear glasses for night driving and sometimes when reading. He was very kind to take out of town patients. He explained everything on his ipad. When surgery came, he was able to put patients at ease for the short surgery. Just remember to take it easy after surgery and no heavy lifting.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Most inexperienced staff you can imagine. The girl who made a measurements definitely saw all the measuring machines second time in her life. Doctor tries to accept a few patients at the same time, gives a lots of unnecessary information and treats a patients like anyone would treat a small stupid child. Majority of the patients I saw in the office were extremely old ladies, so I am not surprised about his attitude. Absolutely can't trust his opinion, can't even think to go to surgery with the person who so much doesn't care about my needs and symptoms.

Submitted October 8, 2015

He my twin Bother....We both live in North Vancouver

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Dr David Butler is very caring and explains the eye problem lucidly with his tablet and with eye models. He's patient and is not in a hurry to book you for surgery. I went to him for cataract surgery, but upon thorough examination, he informed me that I should wait and do it some years later. Was disappointed when he explained why surgery would not be the best option for me, but he knows best and I shall take his suggestion and see him again in a few years time (if he's still practising at that time).

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Dr. Butler was helping my mother who had a cataract. Very pleased with everything overall.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Exceptional ophthalmologist. Unlike many other ophthalmologists Dr. Butler does NOT have a factory type of practice, instead he takes the time to be very thorough with his examination and to discuss treatment options with his patients. Dr. Butler appears to take on the difficult cases that other ophthalmologists prefer to avoid.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Dr. Butler did my cataract surgery in Brandon, Manitoba in Nov. 2012.Wrong lens was put in..not his fault, but he caught that and took me back for surgery the next day and put the correct lens in. I.ve healed well, see perfect. Thank God for Dr. Butler as I wonder how many Drs would catch this post op. He,s my hero.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012