Ratings for Dr. Philip Felig

Highly recommend. Was referred by my GP, and Dr Felig was first physician to finally resolve my thyroid and related dietary issues. I am 10+ years patient. He is kind and compassionate and always takes the time to answer my questions.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Has taken great care of my family for 20+ years. The best

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I was kept waiting one hour first visit , on second after waiting 45 minutes I walked out .. This doctor did not know that lead posioning effects your endocrine system. The staff does t know hot to send an attachment in an email. My evakuation was useless to my doctors I was diagnosed wih a condition I was already being treated for.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Nasty to women. i just switched as a long time customer, rude. disgusting human being

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

A scholar and a gentleman. Very thorough exam and immediate analysis. .Very meticulous

Submitted December 19, 2016

Excellent diagnostician. Very poor personality & social skills. Office staff inefficient and make mistakes.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

I came to Dr. Felig to finally get a diagnosis of hypothyroidism that other doctors had missed. For that I am grateful. Unfortunately I did NOT do well on Synthroid (did not feel good in that hypothyroidism way) on the maximum dosage. Dr Felig prescribed Cytomel which I had horrible headaches from. When my hair continued to shed after my thyroid was balanced I was told, "well it's not your thyroid". It took the next endocrinologist I saw to tell me that Synthroid can cause hair loss and then the new endocrinologist started me on Armour dessicated thyroid and BINGO my hair stopped falling out almost immediately and I felt much better on the Armour which I do not believe Dr.Felig will prescribe. I spent we'll over $600 out of pocket for the initial visit and waited 2 hours for each of several visits. I maybe would have put up with this treatment if I wasn't going bald and felt better. I wish this site allowed you to rate your MEDICAL experience. Bottom line-go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

Dr Felig is the 5th and final endo I have seen. He is the ONLY one that actaully took my thyroid symptoms (hair loss and others)seriously and did a lab test that 4 other doctors overlooked which led to me add an additional medication that all the other useless doctors overlooked.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

Dr. Felig was recommended by my nutritionist and I have found him to be both very knowledgeable and thorough. I am not surprised by comments that 1) he runs late (ALWAYS) and 2) that the office can be a bit chaotic (no worse than many busy physicians in Manhattan). I am surprised by comments that people find his staff rude...they are actually very friendly if you are friendly to them...Beverly is the best blood drawer in the City...and comments that he does not spend time with patients. My first appointment with him (and that was time with him not waiting) was nearly 90 minutes...I have never felt hurried.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

A great physician! One of the best in world. Yes, there's a long wait in reception but us devotees know he is worth every minute spent waiting. Amazing that his dedication has never waned.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

Dr. Philip Felig's Credentials

• Yale Univ Sch Of Med, New Haven Ct 06510 (Grad. 1961)