Ratings for Dr. Nav Rattan

I had an ongoing pain in my foot/ankle area that I had already seen a doctor for and needed further work up. During my first appointment with him, he didn't really listen to what I had already done for treatment and imaging on my foot. He quickly prescribed a topical and oral anti-inflammatory and did not listen when I said I was sure I already tried these. I went back to him again, after convincing my GP that I needed an MRI to see what damage I had in my foot. The MRI showed a complete rupture of my tendon and Dr. Rattan asked if I could live with it !!! I said no, it constantly gives me pain and I don't have strength in it and I feel unsteady on my feet. He decided to give me a cortison treatment on the spot which would have been better done with Ultrasound. The extreme pain of sticking a needle in my foot blindly had me arched off the table. I went back to my GP and asked for referral to another foot specialist in Calgary. Unfortunately, my treatment was delayed so long that the surgeon could not repair my withered tendon the way it could have been if it was diagnosed properly within the first few months.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

I first went to see Dr. Rattan in 88/89 for my knee when he was sports med Dr. He sent me in the right direction to get that dealt with. From there he became a GP and became my Dr. He helped me through my endometriosis reffering me to a gynecologist that could help with this. He delivered all 3 of my children. He has always been very kind and patient Dr. And easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

Had toe surgery. Dr. Rattan was very efficient and right to the point. Explained what needed to be done and I had no problems with my surgery and no pain. I will go back to get the other foot done.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

Failed toe surgery, too much of the bone was removed and my toe has no ability to move; it is like jello. Was very painful after surgery and took months and months for the pain to subside. Permanent loss in functionality.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Stay far away from this doc. I had seen him at Horizon Family medical as well as the Sky way medical lab in regards to on going Plantar Fasciitis. Completely unhelpful, and the only course of action he offers for Plantar Fasciitis is cortisone. Well with such adverse side effect and the possibility of the tendon actually rupturing with the application of the synthetic steroid, he refused to explore other treatment options. Unfortunately, he is the only physician that specializes in podiatry in red deer. Have foot issues, seek treatment in a larger city centre or risk being crippled for life! Choose wisely. I did, and I am fully healed, but it certainly was not under his care.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

He's been a great help for my problem, he's a "get to it" kind of doc, which I like.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

He is an amazing Dr., worked with me and was the nicest person and the Horizon staff is JUST as amazing as well!!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

He misdiagnosed a very simple matter. Then at a later date he did surgery on my foot (only because I had no other choice of surgeons in Red Deer). There were major complications which still persist and which he brushed off. This man is rude, condescending, impatient, sexist and not knowledgeable enough to be in this position. Try to find a better health provider. This guy needs to resign.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

I was referred to him for an ongoing foot pain issue. I found him rushed, dismissive, and not very helpful at all.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

If brains were made out of leather this man wouldn't have enough to shoe a mouse. I kick a shoe box and 50 DR. Rattan pop out. Do your resesrch ! There is way better out there than him.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016