Ratings for Dr. Humphrey Morris

Great credentials, Lousy Shrink. I saw Dr. Morris for 5 years. Although I was later diagnosed as having been abused, tortured and as suffering from Post-traumatic stress-disorder. Dr. Morris proclaimed me "over-stimulated" and did not acknowledge the serious level of abuse in my history. The effect was that I paid to have him add to my trauma. In addition, he would break through the Freudian distance and pass judgement (i.e. scolding me for befriending a sec'y at work instead of the more powerful biz owners). This example also illustrates his predilection for politics and sucking-up. I believe his ambition blinded him from truly being available to help me because he could not understand me. He never breached the Freudian distance on the warm and fuzzy side however. For example, he did not offer congratulations on my graduation from Art school or my engagement. IMHO, he is ****, condescending and judgemental.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2011

Dr. Humphrey Morris's Credentials

• Yale Univ Sch Of Med, New Haven Ct 06510 (Grad. 1977)

MSP/BC Med