Ratings for Dr. John F. Aney

Dr. Aney is precisely the expert in his field that others have expressed. He is straight-forward with visits, creates an atmosphere that nurtures anything I may need to express. I am thrilled to have found him and cannot imagine the rest of my life should he ever decide to leave the area. Thank God he is a good 20 years younger than I am! I truly expect to be under his care until I meet my maker! Please do not judge him on simple first impressions - he is not the cuddly type. He is a professional and he is amazingly intuitive! My whole family thinks he is the best!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

best doctor if you want someone who has great observation and a genius with not only afflictions but also treatment go to him if you are just looking for some who likes to chit chat however not so much

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I found Dr Aney's matter-of-fact, just do it attitude off putting at first, but I've grown use to him. He is funny, sensitive, thoughtful and pays attention. He remembers me and some details visit after visit. I always wait, but its good that he takes time with everyone... not just 15 min NEXT! His support staff is a little chatty and unprofessional with clients at the window. Sounding like personal phone conversations to me.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Aney for about 4 years, and have felt uncomfortable with him from the get-go. He is very clinical, stand-off-ish, impersonal and very hard to connect with. Every office visit, he would only say stop drinking and go to the gym - that was his entire prescription, and despite drinking less and going to the gym, I have never really seen any improvement - I have been on the same medicine, which makes me feel flat and just managing to keep my head above water, and I honestly don't even think he diagnosed me correctly, based on new information I have received recently. I think he should have tried a lot harder to figure out my issues instead of simplying giving the same broken record admonishment at every visit, especially given that I have been with him awhile and have been up and down, but mostly down

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Dr. Aney was abrupt and rude. He didn't satisfactorily answer questions and was intimidating. The only time he was nice was when I brought my father in with me.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Dr. Aney is, by far, the best in his field that I've worked with to overcome my problems. Understanding, and a good listener, his advice has been sound, and he really put me at ease in talking about something that I'd really prefer not to discuss with anyone. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

Dr Aney has always listened to me and worked with me in my treatment. I have been diagnosed with a mental illness for 24 years and he has been a tremendous help with helping me to remain stable.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

Has been in his field for too long. Instant aversion and anger when I brought up a condition I self-diagnosed and wanted an opinion/advice on. Left the office with no treatment plan, no new information and feeling worse than when I went in.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

Dr. Aney knows his stuff. He is very sensitive especialy when you are crying uncontrollably. He doesn't just roll his eyes and says time is up. I highly recommend him as a doctor.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

It is very difficult to find a Doctor in this field that you feel at ease with. I have been to countless Doctors who either brushed me aside, judged me, tried to give me every medication out there, miss diagnosed me etc etc. Then I met Dr. Aney. He is a Professional and he is Honest. Most importantly, he doesn't judge. He is down to earth and doesn't push anything on you. He may suggest something, but it isn't forced. I would recommend him to anyone out there. I am just glad to have found him after all these years.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2009

Dr. John F. Aney's Credentials

• Univ Of Ma Med Sch, Worcester Ma 01655 (Grad. 1988)

Workers Comp