Ratings for Dr. Sahar F. Kousa

Dr. Kousa has saved my life. Enough said. Thank You

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

she saved my life, not sure what I'd have done with out her help, most probably 'd have been in a mental institution. Dr. Kousa, made me feel I'm the only patient she has, she made accommodation to meet with me with my work schedule, she is genuine, caring, knowledgeable, and sincere. I'm very thankful for having her as my psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

I took my girlfriend for an initial psychiatric appointment. My girlfriend is on Methadone Maintenance therapy and she is considering getting off methadone with the help of mood stabilizing medication. Dr. Kousa prescribed her Revia which is an opiate blocker. Despite my girlfriend's protest in which she referenced signs and materials at her methadone clinic, she wrote the scripts anyway. Kousa pretended to look in a PDR and said that there were no contraindications. A pharmacist confirmed that there is a negative interaction and will be calling Kousa tomorrow. My girlfriend also has hypertension and hypoglycemia. Putting her in severe withdrawal could've been life threatening. You'd hope that a psychiatrist would know something about the drugs she prescribed. It even stated on her handout that it shouldn't be taken with opiates. This doctor is Dangerous. We are considering reporting this to the medical boards.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

Dr. Sahar F. Kousa's Credentials

• Univ Of Alexandria, Fac Of Med, Alexandria, Egypt (330-03 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1992)