Ratings for Dr. Cherie Elfenbein

I was suffering from severe anxiety that was almost totally incapacitating. In addition, I was experiencing other debilitating symptoms, such as insomnia. I was seeing another doctor without success. On my first visit to Dr. Elfenbein, she advised that I see my primary physician immediately for blood work. The results revealed a physical condition that was largely contributing to the worst of the symptoms. A specialist subsequently treated the condition successfully, but it would take a few months for the symptoms to fully resolve. Dr. Elfenbein was with me every step of the way, always available for questions and consultation. She competently prescribed and monitored medication, continually customizing the treatment to fit my changing needs. Dr. Elfenbein is an excellent listener who respects her client's opinions about their treatment, and is willing to modify at their request,(if she is satisfied, of course, that it will not produce negative results). I am fully convinced that Dr. Elfenbein's knowledgeable initial assessment and follow up saved me weeks of needless suffering.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

I went to Dr. Elfenbein after a few years of suffering from anxiety, depression, and lack of focus that took me from being a confident, happy, and successful person to feeling insecure, miserable, full of self doubt and, at times, nearly incapacitated. Neither my internist or OB/GYN--both whom I trust and have been seeing for years--recognized these symptoms as being menopause related, likely due to the fact that my other symptoms of menopause were quite mild. In addition to being highly compassionate, Dr. Elfenbein quickly identified what was causing me all this grief (her conclusions were validated by blood work) and prescribed a combination of medication and vitamins that made me feel better immediately. We're now working with my other doctors to work on additional treatments that will bring me back to my normal self. I am beyond relieved to know that I'm not going crazy and that I can be treated easily with minimal side effects or risk.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

excellent care. very knowledgeable doctor. caring.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2010

Dr. Cherie Elfenbein's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1983)

Assurant