Ratings for Dr. Gillian Yeates

My my mom has been having trouble for 18 years now because of surgery Dr.Yeates messed up on my mom! She was always very rude with her when my mom had appointments! She sent my mom to London, Ontario because she didn't know what to do and still the doctor in London had to come to the hospital to assist Dr. Yeates in the surgery she was performing on my mom... there is still so much more but I guess I can only say I would never recommend Dr. Yeates to do a hysterectomy on anyone!!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Worst experience. I felt like it was a constant battle to get the care I needed. When preparing to prescribe me medicine she sat on her phone looking up doses for 10 minutes while i sat there. She didn't have the knowledge to treat me, and when she said she was referring me to a specialist she didn't, i had my family doctor call her, i had a date for the specialist two days later. I had a test done there that I never got the results back from. Not Impressed!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Visiting this dr for the first time, I was unsure how she would be. She pretty much told me that my prolapsed uterus was because of my weight and that I should do yoga. Regardless of the fact that I have a disease that causes me to gain weight or that his happened while giving birth to my child. The. Proceeds to tell me that Endonetriosis goes away with menopause. Once she is done talking down to me, it's time for the physical. We al know how u fortsble these procedures are. She has me scoot to the end of the table with my legs spread wide and her phone rings. She leaves the room opens the door wide to go and take the call. Who does that. I will never step foot in her office again. Very unprofessional and very condsending.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Dr Yeates is not only an amazing doctor but an amazing person as well I was so scared going into surgery and she sensed it and she held my hand and reassured me the whole time till I was put to sleep. Anyone is lucky to have her as your doctor she tells it the way it is and doesn't sugar coat anything and I respect her even more for it. But she is honestly the best doctor and made me feel safe and that I was in good hands. Also Gwen is an amazing lady as well she calls to check up on me and is always very caring a helpful to talk to she doesn't get the recognition she deserves so I just want to say thank you to you both you are two amazing lady's and I'm am very lucky to have had you both in my corner. Thank you Tanya Micks

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Dr. Yeates is exactly the expert you want in an emergency. She literally saved my life when my fallopian tube ruptured and I required life-saving surgery. She was fantastic, caring, and informative during follow-up visits. I would highly recommend her and would have continued on as her patient if I lived in the Collingwood area.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

She is an outstanding doctor! Very knowledgeable, respectable, trustful and serious doctor. She was accurated when my boy was born! Thank you!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

Dr Yeates is a specialist and a GP. Beyond being a great doctor, she is a fantastic person. She helped me with my problem quickly and it was life-changing. She also provided support that I did not know I need until she gave it. She continually checks in with you as the patient and her compassion and empathy impressed. Her staff is also supportive. I am very grateful for the referral.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I have dealt with dr Yeates for over 10 years. She is an amazing dr who cares about her patients. She explains things and has a great knowledge of medicine. She delivered 2 of my babies and I couldn't ask for a better dr! Never felt uncomfortable with her and always able to ask questions and get answers

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

This doctor became my obstetrician after my first assigned one decided she didn't want to be involved with me anymore because the CPS got involved with her and everyone who worked in their office against me and my husband behind our backs, due to my past medical records of being labelled with bipolar disorder. Although all this was well behind me, they decided to use it against me anyway and contact CPS on us!!!!😬😯😯 Thanks to all of this nonsense, we ended up losing custody of our newborn!! Luckily, he is happy now and doing very well, despite all he went through at first and is in our lives without ANY CPS involvement anymore☺ But it has taken a while for us to "get over" the rotten memories they made for us which should have been the happiest time ever!!! Luckily, we have made our own happy memories with our son anyway and will be spending a beautiful day with him soon!!!😊😊😊 dr yeates was very rude to me during delivery of my child and at one point when I was pushing, I started to vomit. She yelled at me for this and demanded that I put a mask on my face so none of it would fly down her way. LoL!,most of it was landing on me and my husband's arm. My husband and I had to go to court for eight months to fight for custody of our child and this doctor made some VERY demeaning comments about us that were UN TRUE and basically fabricated from her own "thoughts" and "opinions" about me and "people who suffer from bipolar illness" and stated to everyone in a meeting we were forced to go to the day after I gave birth to my son that I had BPD in her opinion ( and she's not a psychiatrist or trained in that field at all) and how her mother was also and people like "us" "drive others crazy" but I should still be given a chance like everyone else. Hours after our baby was born, he was taken to Orillia Soldiers Memorial Hospital because his blood/sugar levels were slightly low and was kept their for a few days before being sent to a foster home. We went down to stay with him as much as possible, of course and had NO problems with the nurses there. One even sent information back for the courts and reported that we were both very appropriate and loving with our child and she saw no reason why he shouldn't go home with us!! The judge could see this also and that is the reason CPS is out of our lives. Beware of many doctors of all kinds!!!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

Waited in the waiting room for an hour and 40 mins. Then in a room for an other hour. All for her to tell me to check back in a month. So she makes money and I miss work. I think I will put up with the pains and cramps. It's got to be better than the rude staff an baby crying behind the front recep counter. Then just having to come back.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017