Ratings for Dr. Gillian Yeates

Dr. Yeates is exactly the expert you want in an emergency. She literally saved my life when my fallopian tube ruptured and I required life-saving surgery. She was fantastic, caring, and informative during follow-up visits. I would highly recommend her and would have continued on as her patient if I lived in the Collingwood area.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

She is an outstanding doctor! Very knowledgeable, respectable, trustful and serious doctor. She was accurated when my boy was born! Thank you!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

Dr Yeates is a specialist and a GP. Beyond being a great doctor, she is a fantastic person. She helped me with my problem quickly and it was life-changing. She also provided support that I did not know I need until she gave it. She continually checks in with you as the patient and her compassion and empathy impressed. Her staff is also supportive. I am very grateful for the referral.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I have dealt with dr Yeates for over 10 years. She is an amazing dr who cares about her patients. She explains things and has a great knowledge of medicine. She delivered 2 of my babies and I couldn't ask for a better dr! Never felt uncomfortable with her and always able to ask questions and get answers

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

This doctor became my obstetrician after my first assigned one decided she didn't want to be involved with me anymore because the CPS got involved with her and everyone who worked in their office against me and my husband behind our backs, due to my past medical records of being labelled with bipolar disorder. Although all this was well behind me, they decided to use it against me anyway and contact CPS on us!!!!😬😯😯 Thanks to all of this nonsense, we ended up losing custody of our newborn!! Luckily, he is happy now and doing very well, despite all he went through at first and is in our lives without ANY CPS involvement anymore☺ But it has taken a while for us to "get over" the rotten memories they made for us which should have been the happiest time ever!!! Luckily, we have made our own happy memories with our son anyway and will be spending a beautiful day with him soon!!!😊😊😊 dr yeates was very rude to me during delivery of my child and at one point when I was pushing, I started to vomit. She yelled at me for this and demanded that I put a mask on my face so none of it would fly down her way. LoL!,most of it was landing on me and my husband's arm. My husband and I had to go to court for eight months to fight for custody of our child and this doctor made some VERY demeaning comments about us that were UN TRUE and basically fabricated from her own "thoughts" and "opinions" about me and "people who suffer from bipolar illness" and stated to everyone in a meeting we were forced to go to the day after I gave birth to my son that I had BPD in her opinion ( and she's not a psychiatrist or trained in that field at all) and how her mother was also and people like "us" "drive others crazy" but I should still be given a chance like everyone else. Hours after our baby was born, he was taken to Orillia Soldiers Memorial Hospital because his blood/sugar levels were slightly low and was kept their for a few days before being sent to a foster home. We went down to stay with him as much as possible, of course and had NO problems with the nurses there. One even sent information back for the courts and reported that we were both very appropriate and loving with our child and she saw no reason why he shouldn't go home with us!! The judge could see this also and that is the reason CPS is out of our lives. Beware of many doctors of all kinds!!!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

Waited in the waiting room for an hour and 40 mins. Then in a room for an other hour. All for her to tell me to check back in a month. So she makes money and I miss work. I think I will put up with the pains and cramps. It's got to be better than the rude staff an baby crying behind the front recep counter. Then just having to come back.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Dr Yeates is a Fantasic OB!! My daughter was born with a serve shoulder dystocia, if it wasn't for her quick work and amazing knowledge and skills , the situation could have been much worse! A year later I had another baby and she followed me closely and ensured she was at my birth as I had requested!! Thank you for being such a great role in my babies lives! The nurses and staff working along side her and the other OB's are also fantastic!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Likes everything in order. Very straight forward. I'm comfortable with her now but in the beginning she scared the begeesus out of me.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Goes above and beyond to help. Very component and makes you feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Dr yeates is great! I recently got a last minute c section done by her as my baby was footling breech at 40 weeks 4 days pregnant . She made me feel very comfortable and kept me calm during surgery and you can tell how knowledgeable she is

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016