Ratings for Dr. Stephen S. Oh

Appreciated his insistance on exercise, and a regulated sleep schedule for my depression, however when I presented him the dozen or more medicines I had tried and failed on, he didn't offer any options as alternatives. He insisted I take a medication that I had already tried and failed on, and offered no other options.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

I am really suspect of the people who left poor reviews for Dr. Oh. I have been seeing him for years and found him to be a very knowledgable and soothing doctor. He has always been very patient and kind and I am impressed with how intently he listens to my problems. He does continuing education courses and is up to date on his psychiatric knowledge. He changed my life.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

This guy has no business being a Physicist. I have General Anxiety Disorder, and on my first appointment, he yelled at me to, "listen to him" after asking him too many questions. He is insensitive and will not listen to what you have to say. He did not respect any opinions I had for my treatment. Almost every appointment he had this irritable, rushed demeanor, like he just wanted to get me out the door so he could get to his next appointment.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Wow That joker made light of my depression and jacked me up on so many meds then yanked them. His front bitch billy is madder than a hooker in church. Bad news

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I have worked in the mental health field as a social worker for many years and as a professional I have never seen a more organized, helpful office staff. As a consumer, Dr. Oh is always punctual but will help if you have a question. I feel that he actually spends time talking to me and not just prescribing medication. He explains things in a way I can understand and does not rush me out the door. I have referred several people to him since I have been a patient.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

A pill pusher who only cares if when he receives his payment for service. Well known fact he prescribes whatever a patient wants. He enabled me to continue an addiction to Adderall for almost eight years. He is a common thug using the title of a Dr. He ruins lives and doesn't care!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

I began seeing Dr Oh in 9/12 after 6 mo of worsening dep/anx. My lifelong dep/anx had previously been fairly controlled with medication from my PCP. Dr Oh had good reviews at the time. Apparently since then his attitude has changed, because I had a similar experience as the two most recent posts. I went to him with severe dep/anx. He diagnosed me with SAD and ADD, added Wellbutrin, Ritalin, and Xanax to my current Effexor and Klonopin. He told me to get strictly 7 hours of sleep, and sleep with a bright light on. I followed his orders, took the meds for a month although they made me feel worse. He then changed the Wellbutrin and Effexor back to my previous Lexapro, and continued to give the same instructions (7 hrs sleep/bright light/exercise) for the next few months, without any improvement. When I was in worse condition after 6 months, he told me there was nothing more he could do as I was not following instructions (because I was still too depressed to get out of bed), and fired me.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

Horrible man. First visit seemed as though he got me, and told me ADHD was causing my life-long depression, anxiety, everything. He had no problem putting me on daily Xanax (when almost no other docs are; that bothered me), took me off Cymbalta and put me back on Prozac, which I had been on for 30 years. Told me to get less sleep, stay up 'til midnight, eat meusli, weird stuff, which I did. When I saw him the next week in tears, I tried to ask him how long to expect this; was it withdrawal; etc. Also how to take the vyvanse because I had odd work hours. He refused to answer my questions and told me I didn't listen, I kept changing doctors and didn't take my medicine - accused me of all sorts of things - and he couldn't help me. After completely changing my meds, he told me to find another doc. Refused to listen to me and answer my questions. Stood up, opened the door, and stared at me until I left, sobbing. I'm filing abandonment complaint. Still don't have a doc and meds running out.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

I actually had an awful experience with Dr. Oh. Having had suffered from depression and OCD issues, my psychologist recommended I see a psychiatrist as well. Dr. Oh almost immediately wrote off my issues, telling me my real problem was ADHD. I gave him a shot and tried the medication, going to maybe a dozen appointments. I had a wretched time getting him to listen to my concerns, even when the medication was wreaking havoc on my body. Sure, I could sit still, but I was even more depressed and my OCD drove me nuts. I'm sure he can be a fine doctor at times, since he's obviously helped at lease a few people. But if he tells you that you have ADHD and you disagree, his mind has been made up and there's probably no changing it. That has been my experience, and I would hope anyone going into his office for the first time keeps an open mind, which means giving him a chance- but being open to the possibility that he could not be right for what's wrong with you.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

Dr Oh is outstanding. If it wasnt for the one rude secretary the place would be a joy. Now it is very nice once I pass her up and sit down with Dr. Oh. Idont always agree with what he does, but I respect that he has more expertise in the area, and isnt a pushover.As for the white haired pone answerer, she would do well as a phone bill collector or maybe a repo woman. Dr Oh i truly excellent though, and you cant go wrong if you truly want the root of your problem, not just a feel good doctor.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2010

Dr. Stephen S. Oh's Credentials

• Seoul Natl Univ, Coll Of Med, Chongno-Ku, Seoul, So Korea (Grad. 1970)

MSP/BC Med