Ratings for Dr. Marion Perpick-Breton

I saw Dr. Perpick-Breton after losing my job and almost my marriage. She did a thorough assessment, and laid out my options clearly, including working with me and my wife towards strengthening our relationship. She also had the kids come in for a few sessions which was extremely helpful. She took my depression, and everybody's concerns seriously. We found her to be considerate and creative in how she addressed them. I am working again in a new field, which is quite something for me as I was so anxious and fearful of change. My family is now solid. I no longer fear getting up in the morning. This doctor worked with all of me, and got me to work on my own behalf. This therapy was well woth the time and effort.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Dr. Perpick-Breton was described by a referring family doctor as "just so excellent and extremely caring." She is that and more; Dr. PB is thorough, very knowledgeable, listens carefully and educates her patient as she treats. She is kind, respectful and so well read and educated. Dr. PB prescribes medications thoughtfully and communicates clearly how and why the medication is prescribed. She is patient and spends time accurately diagnosing; I felt safe and fully cared for by her. My life is better because of her.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

This psychiatrist is excellent. She is a wonderful person and clinician,. Dr Perpick -Breton is passionate about her profession and her patients. Simply the best psychiatrist!!!!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Dr. Perpick is a chemist, not a psychiatrist. Anytime I came to her with an issue, such as having trouble sleeping, her solution was a pill. When I told her I had trouble eating, she suggested another pill. By the time we departed, I was prescribed to 9 different medications that I didn't need because she misdiagnosed me.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Dr. Perpick-Breton has been a bright light in my life; professionally, she has been an integral part of my fight with mental illness. Dr. PB provided me with an environment of trust and comfortable vulnerability, while maintaining a medically-based practice. Through the harmony of emotional and medicinal therapy, Dr.Perpick-Breton led me to overcome both anorexia and anxiety disorders. Many thanks to her, for helping me regain my life. She listens, provides advice, and only medicates if appropriate. She is not frivolous with prescriptions, and does not underestimate the value of emotionally-based therapy. She is respectful of time constraints, and works hard to be accessible to her patients. She is professional in every aspect. She is up-to-date on research pertaining to her field, and incorporates her learnings into her practice.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

My wife had been suffering from OCD and depression which got much worse after the birth of our son. She saw numerous psychologists and a few psychiatrists but we got no where. She had stopped working and could barely manage at home. Our world seemed like it was falling apart. A friend suggested we seek out Dr. Perpick-Breton and we figured we would give it a shot before going to the Mayo clinic. She saw my wife and included me as well online through www.psychiatryonlinecanada.com. Dr Perpick-Breton was thorough and patient-always installing hope but realistic and clear with us regarding the goals of the treatment and what we could expect with each step. She was available when we needed her, including to respond to our emails and call us when we needed that. My wife felt so supported by the Doctor, who also helped me learn to support my wife in a way I had not known how to do before. We highly recommend Dr. Perpick-Breton.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

This is a psychistiest who knows when to listen, when to talk, when to prescribe medications and when not to. This is a psychiatrist who works with you not at you.. This is a psychiatrist who clearly loves people. Seeking her out is one of the best decisions I ever made.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I am a psychologist and so I know that Dr. Perpick's practice has a large component of health professionals. When it came to my marriage, I really struggled in terms of who I could trust among my colleagues. Dr. Perpick came highly recommended by several sources, and I want to add my husband and me to those. She is certified in EFT - a qualification which  only one other doctor in Canada has. Most medical doctors wouldn't be motivated or interested in all the effort and time required.  Dr. Perpick clearly continually strives to be the best and to give her patients no less. She saved our marriage, which is closer than it ever was, and for that, we are beyond grateful.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

I live in a remote region in northern BC, where I was hard-pressed to find a psychiatrist who could do more than see me every 3 months to prescribe me antidepressant at my Family Doctor's office. I was involved in a motor vehicle accident 5 years ago, and since then, not only have I been in chronic pain, but I had become very depressed and anxious. Living had started to feel too hard. Through a relative in Calgary, I heard about Dr. Perpick-Breton and that she saw people via Skype through Psychiatry Online Canada. This was the best decision I have made in years. She advised my doc regarding pain management, helped me learn o distinguish between things I can change, and better manage these, and things I can't, and let those go. She spoke with my lawyer to advocate for me on several occasions and she helped me advocate for myself in various situations. She involved my husband in several sessions which really helped, as I was able to see that I am still loved and valued by the important people in my life, and that I am not alone. I cannot say enough good about this doctor and the service she provides. I hope she will read this and know that her great enthusiasm and energy is well spent.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

My GP sent me to access mental health where I was given 6 sessions with a psychiatrist and then discharged. Got very little from the whole thing - wasn't even convinced of the "diagnosis". Found Dr. Perpick-Breton on line at psychiatryonlinecanada.com. She quite quickly helped me figure out what has been going on with me and helped me see how I get caught up every time because of some old patterns that I didn't know how to change. I really found her to be very helpful.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016