Ratings for Dr. Marion Perpick-Breton

Dr. Perpick-Breton has been a bright light in my life; professionally, she has been an integral part of my fight with mental illness. Dr. PB provided me with an environment of trust and comfortable vulnerability, while maintaining a medically-based practice. Through the harmony of emotional and medicinal therapy, Dr.Perpick-Breton led me to overcome both anorexia and anxiety disorders. Many thanks to her, for helping me regain my life. She listens, provides advice, and only medicates if appropriate. She is not frivolous with prescriptions, and does not underestimate the value of emotionally-based therapy. She is respectful of time constraints, and works hard to be accessible to her patients. She is professional in every aspect. She is up-to-date on research pertaining to her field, and incorporates her learnings into her practice.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

My wife had been suffering from OCD and depression which got much worse after the birth of our son. She saw numerous psychologists and a few psychiatrists but we got no where. She had stopped working and could barely manage at home. Our world seemed like it was falling apart. A friend suggested we seek out Dr. Perpick-Breton and we figured we would give it a shot before going to the Mayo clinic. She saw my wife and included me as well online through www.psychiatryonlinecanada.com. Dr Perpick-Breton was thorough and patient-always installing hope but realistic and clear with us regarding the goals of the treatment and what we could expect with each step. She was available when we needed her, including to respond to our emails and call us when we needed that. My wife felt so supported by the Doctor, who also helped me learn to support my wife in a way I had not known how to do before. We highly recommend Dr. Perpick-Breton.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

This is a psychistiest who knows when to listen, when to talk, when to prescribe medications and when not to. This is a psychiatrist who works with you not at you.. This is a psychiatrist who clearly loves people. Seeking her out is one of the best decisions I ever made.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I am a psychologist and so I know that Dr. Perpick's practice has a large component of health professionals. When it came to my marriage, I really struggled in terms of who I could trust among my colleagues. Dr. Perpick came highly recommended by several sources, and I want to add my husband and me to those. She is certified in EFT - a qualification which  only one other doctor in Canada has. Most medical doctors wouldn't be motivated or interested in all the effort and time required.  Dr. Perpick clearly continually strives to be the best and to give her patients no less. She saved our marriage, which is closer than it ever was, and for that, we are beyond grateful.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

I live in a remote region in northern BC, where I was hard-pressed to find a psychiatrist who could do more than see me every 3 months to prescribe me antidepressant at my Family Doctor's office. I was involved in a motor vehicle accident 5 years ago, and since then, not only have I been in chronic pain, but I had become very depressed and anxious. Living had started to feel too hard. Through a relative in Calgary, I heard about Dr. Perpick-Breton and that she saw people via Skype through Psychiatry Online Canada. This was the best decision I have made in years. She advised my doc regarding pain management, helped me learn o distinguish between things I can change, and better manage these, and things I can't, and let those go. She spoke with my lawyer to advocate for me on several occasions and she helped me advocate for myself in various situations. She involved my husband in several sessions which really helped, as I was able to see that I am still loved and valued by the important people in my life, and that I am not alone. I cannot say enough good about this doctor and the service she provides. I hope she will read this and know that her great enthusiasm and energy is well spent.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

My GP sent me to access mental health where I was given 6 sessions with a psychiatrist and then discharged. Got very little from the whole thing - wasn't even convinced of the "diagnosis". Found Dr. Perpick-Breton on line at psychiatryonlinecanada.com. She quite quickly helped me figure out what has been going on with me and helped me see how I get caught up every time because of some old patterns that I didn't know how to change. I really found her to be very helpful.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

I had urgent need to see a psychiatrist and so found psychiatryonlinecanada.com through which I got to see Dr. Perpick- Breton. She did a though assessment and presented me with various options for treatment. This was done in an efficient and professional manner. I am doing much better. I am very impressed.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

After quite a long wait, I got a psychiatric assessment with Dr. Perpick-Breton. I have had depression and anxiety ever since I can remember, and seen several psychiatrists and psychologists, with very little lasting effect. This doctor strongly suggested we involve my partner in the therapy. At first, I was reluctant, as it had never occurred to me that my mental health was anybody’s issue to solve but my own. I trusted her, though, as she is clearly very competent, and so we went ahead. Today, both my partner and myself are filled with relief and there is a peace and joy in our marriage that has literally been my antidepressant. We really don’t operate in isolation and this doctor showed me how much lighter the load can feel when shared with someone you love. Four thumbs up for Dr. Perpick-Breton from me and my partner.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Dr. Marion Perpick-Breton was very helpful and professional when I needed guidance on marriage issues, and also with my depressed teenage daughter. Her recommendations were sound and very helpful. She also has an online service www.psychiatryonlinecanada.com now that should help with emergency issues and staying in touch when needed.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015

Dr Marion Perpick-Breton has provided exceptional care for two of our family members. She ensures they are exceptionally treated, that they feel in control under her care, that they are heard and that they are not left on their own until they are ready to fly. She supports the whole family to ensure everyone understands and that the whole family dynamic is brought back to a healthy place. This all takes time - but she is willing to put in that time and won't settle for anything less. She does not let any of her patients flounder and if there is need for other referrals she knows who to go to and makes that happen for the person, working and communicating on your behalf on weekends/evenings for you. I gave her 5 for punctuality, (with a happy face) as, we have come to understand she will not sacrifice a person's needs just to be punctual. She is worthy any wait that may arise. She has exceptional knowledgeable - yet speaks in terms that are humanistic and understanding and is absolutely 100% plus dedicated to helping you! Amazing person and physician.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015