Ratings for Dr. Marion Perpick-Breton

Was so frustrated trying to get psychiatric help for my anxiety. It was starting to ruin my life including my marriage. Found Dr. Perpick online and gave it a shot with her out of desperation. She did some work with me alone and also worked with my wife and me together. I now feel much better about my marriage, and this has been hugely helpful towards feeling less anxious. Dr. Perpick is very smart, and she is also patient and has a good manner - very unassuming and human, which we really liked. Does some very powerful stuff, and for me, with no medication. Be prepared to work hard though. Her therapy is hard work, but at least you feel she’s working just as hard as you.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

I was very reluctant to see a psychiatrist, but Dr. Perpick-Breton has a very good manner and I started to feel more comfortable after just a few minutes talking with her. I felt no judgment from her despite that I have made a lot of mistakes in my life. This helped me come out of my shell, move on, and start really living again. She’s a very smart person, and knows a lot about medications as well as psychotherapy. I really like that she provides a lot of information regarding medications, and allows me options when these are available. I feel she really cares a lot about me and how I do in my life. She never rushes me, and even takes extra time when I need it. I am almost done seeing her because I am doing so good now. While I will actually miss the sessions, I kind of feel like I’m taking a piece of her with me. I got much more than I expected from this doctor and I wanted to highly recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

I have struggled with anorexia since my late teens, and have been in various treatments over the years. My symptoms have fluctuated, but I had never felt really well. When I got married and moved to a different province, I became very depressed and the eating disorder emerged full force. I knew I needed help before my life came crumbling down around me, but the wait times to see a psychiatrist in Toronto were close to a year. I found Dr. Perpick-Breton through psychiatry online canada, and was able to access her services within weeks. She used a combination of medication and psychotherapy, which also involved my partner, to get me feeling and doing better than I could have ever expected. She is a very warm person, who you feel comfortable with from the get go, and you get the clear message that she will do all she can to help you. She would encourage my emails between sessions, and would consistently respond the same or, occasionally, the next day. Her mannerism and approach really made me feel supported and that me, and my recovery, are the most important things. I hope to pass along to others that a good psychiatrist can be life-changing. Please don't give up.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2018

Dr. Perpick-Breton is a reminder that a psychiatrist is a doctor, having gone through medical school and internship, before the additional years required to specialize in psychiatry. During a session with her between Christmas and New Year, I expressed anxiety over my husband’s health. I had tried to get him to go to the ER, but my husband stubbornly refused. Dr. Perpick-Breton knows that my husband hates going to the doctor, so never does. Instead of going all “psychological”, she queried what was concerning me on this occasion. Upon hearing the symptoms I described, Dr. Perpick-Breton recognized that there was cause for huge concern, immediately contacted our family doctor and asked him to see my husband that day. The GP took Dr. Perpick-Breton’s concerns seriously, and kindly did so, even though he was on holiday. It turned out that my husband was in acute renal failure and would have died had it not been for Dr. Perpick-Breton and our GP. In fact, right after my husband got his blood work done, I got a call from the lab telling me an ambulance was on its way for my husband. In addition to being grateful to both these doctors that I am not a widow today, I am so impressed by Dr. Perpick-Breton, not only for her excellent care of my mental health, but also for her knowledge of general medicine.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

Dr. Perpick-Breton’s insights are truly amazing and often life-changing.  I don’t know how she does what she does, sometimes feels like magic, but I sure  am grateful to have this doctor’s  help.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

I've been through several psychiatrists in BC and figured I was done with them until a friend recommended Dr. Perpick-Breton who I saw through her online practice www.psychiatryonlinecanada.com. I have been feeling stuck for so long and getting to the point where I'm feeling hopeless that anything could ever change, so I decided to give seeing this doctor from Alberta a try. I really appreciate that she calls what she sees in a way that you know she has your best interests at heart - no judgment, just caring, and clearly giving you her best. It was hard, but I didn't feel alone while she helped me change my life for the better. Now she's helping me keep it that way. Soon I'll be able to do that all by myself.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Dr. Perpick is great. I have had other psychiatrists in the past for my chronic anxiety and, in my opinion, she is head and shoulders above the rest of her profession. I see some older comments here about her timeliness, which I think really is a very minor issue for most people. First of all, you always get your full time and sometimes more. She gives her patients the time they need even when it will make her late for the rest of the day. I once had my own appointment get extended to 2 hours when I was in crisis. So I don't mind waiting for the high quality as I know that she will be there for me when I need it. There is a trick to this however. If you call before your appointment or give the secretaries your cell phone number so they can call you before your appointment, they will tell you if she is behind or not. If you are rigid about time, maybe she is not the psychiatrist for you, but for me she is the best.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

Marion is always late, but always worth waiting for. Her counsel makes my life worth living!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

I have really benefitted from Dr. Perpick-Breton's interventions, both in terms of medication (she's very careful with these) and the therapy she has provided. She is also a very warm person who so clearly cares. I also really enjoy both Erika and Wendy😊 who are always pleasant and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr. Perpick-Breton is highly knowledgeable and at the same time, hugely respectful of what I wanted from treatment. She monitored my progress diligently so I always felt highly supported and like we were working together to get me better. I'm very happy I put in the time and effort with this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017