Ratings for Dr. Drew Bednar

My husband was lucky enough to get in to see Dr. Bednar after suffering for 4 months. He was most knowledgeable, professional, and helpful. He not only got him in for surgery within 6 weeks, but did what he said he would do... "I can fix you". My husband thought that it would be a lifetime of pain management and lack of mobility for a long time. He was very happy that now after the 4 months, he is moving, walking, riding a bike, and golfing, back to normal. He did exactly what he was told for his recovery and it payed off. Dr Bednar was amazing, patient and fantastic during all follow up appointments. If you are lucky enough to get Dr Bednar for a surgeon, count your blessings. This man is a Phenom!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

My Mri and Xrays in hand i had them done in the us to speed up my search for a surgeon i was lucky to get in to see Dr Bednar (his secretary fit me in and knew i had to drive 4 hours she organised my apts with that in mind ) he was great to deal with and answered all my questions i . Without him and his staff i would be in a( wheel chair diaper and in constant pain )as my family doctor explained and its been almost 4 month since my surgery I feel great (walking riding bike waiting to be able to go back to work . All i can say is thank you Dr.Bednar and his staff as well as his assistants in the surgery it must have been hard working steady for 8 hours .

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I had L4/L5 decompression surgery done by Dr Bednar. He is a very professional, thorough, compasionate Dr who never rushes his appointments with you and helps you feel confident before and after surgery. I am very happy with my results and could not have been referred to a better Dr. I had the pleasure of meeting Deb in the office who was very helpful in directing me to X-rays and answering all questions I had about my paperwork. She even wished me a happy belated birthday which was much earlier in the month. Thanks for the hard work and positive experience you both have given me. Kris

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Dr Bednar preformed a decompression and fusion of the L4 L5 and much more than I can accurately detail. He listens to every word and gave me all the time and detail of the surgery. He never rushed and answered every concern my husband and I had. Contrary to what others say about his secretary, I found her to be patient , kind and certainly answered my questions with compassion. If you treat someone with respect, they will return the courtesy. If you are lucky enough to get Dr Bednar for any surgery, count yourself blessed with having the best operate on you. You will be guaranteed to have a great outcome.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Of the 200+ doctors (physicians, surgeons, and residents) that I have met with as a patient on one or more ocassion, Dr. Bednar is the best doctor I have ever encountered. This man is incredibly friendly, competent, punctual, shows an astounding level of genuine empathy and actually listens to you and every one of your concerns. He doesn't rush you either even though his specialized area of medicine is so understaffed. This is honestly the kind of doctor that ALL doctors should aspire to be. I came to him to have tumors on my cervical spine which were bothering me which were caused by a genetic bone disorder. He listened to my all my concerns, answered all of my questions, he even inquired about my overall health, areas which he didn't have to care about at all. He was genuinely empathetic and even offered to write referrals for specialists to address other unrelated health matters, that is how much this man cares. He gave me a rough estimate of wait time for my surgery to be booked, which despite a large back log was able to work through it and offer my surgery ahead of schedule. The surgery went flawlessly, my scar is really clean and minimal compared to other surgeries I have had. Every step of the way was pleasant, the before, the surgery, post surgery and follow up. I did have my surgery bumped once back a two months which was still ahead of schedule and did have to wait a month for a follow up but that isn't his fault at all due to the number of patients and the lack of orthopedic surgeons in this province available so I don't fault him for that at all. It is a shame that his secretary has to be included in his rating, otherwise he would have been perfect in every category. The secretary is rude and ignorant. Tried to argue with me that I already had a CT scan done when I first called. Clearly I would know if I had a CT scan already. Other than his secretary you couldn't be luckier to be referred to Dr. Bednar as your surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

This Doctor's spinal surgery and attention to detail saved my life back in 2000. He is easily more than a cut above the rest in what can be a harsh Canadian medical climate.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

since my operation I not wear sanitary underware and take pain killers constantly for 24/7 pain his receptionist is terrible

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Dr. Bednar's friendly and calm demeanour put me at ease when I was going in for back surgery. I felt I was in excellent hands.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I have had two surgeries with Dr. Bednar, and I cannot express how fortunate I was to be in the care of such a respected and skilled surgeon. He spent more time with me than I thought a surgeon would have, being mindful of their busy schedules. I have no complaints, am grateful to have been in his care.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

I wouldn't think of going to anyone else ,his attitude ,care is one of the best !

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015