Ratings for Dr. John Hunter

I have found Dr. Hunter to be late, have poor bedside manner and at times be verbally abusive when you ask follow up questions. He has also made inappropriate comments, that have left me feeling very uncomfortable and violated.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Dr. Hunter's neice Maggie is a really nice girl, just ask him for her # and see for yourself. Very very friendly;)

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Due to a few bad car accidents I have met more than my share of doctors. I have met several really bad doctors, a few good doctors but only 1 sticks out in my mind as a great doctor and that doctor is Dr John Hunter. I made a bad decision to try some meds that I got from a "dispensary" to try and get off the opiate pain meds I am on and if it wasnt for Dr Hunter I would for sure be dead right now. I am still not completely back to normal but he for sure saved my life. Great guy!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Dr>John Hunter of the Beaverlodge Medical Clinic was our family physician for over 30 years - since he first came to Beaverlodge. He goes way beyond the call of duty. He listens and HEARS. he supports. He refers. He is experienced and very kind and caring. He follows up. Our community has been so lucky to have him for so many years. He will be missed.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Dr Hunter has been my whole families doctor for the last 20 years. Sad he is retiring. Just to add to measure what a great man he is and he truly cares about his patients. He researched and printed a list of doctors covering the lower mainland that are accepting new patients. He sometimes runs late, although you never feel rushed in your appointments. He takes the time to listen, never makes you feel stupid for asking stupid questions. He is a doctor worth waiting for if running late. His staff, while not super friendly, (due to be super busy I'd imagine) though always polite and informative. Dr. Hunter, you'll be greatly missed. Thanks for all the amazing care to myself and my family over the years. xo

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011

He is simply the best doctor I have ever had. He is easy to talk to, very knowledgeable and just good man!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

Dr Hunter is indeed one of the most intelligent, smart doctors around. He was able to diagnose a potentially irreversible condition immediately,and took it very seriously. My own, long term GP didnt even querie about it for 3 yrs even though it was related to a disease I already had for 20 yrs. Just as she did not any other disasteruos preventible conditions. Dr Hunter's capability was confirmed to me yet again when visiting my opthamologist and in conversation he said himself that Dr Hunter is a very smart doctor.Don't I know it! Thank you Dr Hunter.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2011

Genuine , caring, knowledgable, fantastic doctor. I wouldn't go to anyone else

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

Excellent doctor. Doesn't make you feel embarrassed or ashamed. Treats people with dignity!! Very knowledgeable and caring.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2010

Amazing Doctor. Have been visiting him for years and years, and he has always shown the utmost care for his patients. Having had some very nasty experiences with doctors, he is THE best doctor in Vancouver as far as I'm concerned.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2010