Ratings for Dr. Darshan Brar

Highly do not suggest this Doctor, I had rashes on my shoulder and he prescribed me the wrong medicine, it got very worse that I almost had to go to the hospital. Went to another doctor and everything got better, probably never going back to him.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Dr Brar and his practice in its entirety is disappointing to say the least, with the exception of the front desk, they are the only saving grace. I have never encountered a waiting time less than 1hr long and when he arrives in the room he is quite dismissive and rudely abrupt. I once went in because of an instantaneous positive home pregnancy test and was practically shooed out of the clinic when their test Indicated negative. I was told to go home various times when I tried to ask follow up questions. I took a second one at home immediately and I had another immediate positive, turns out I was pregnant with twins and my HCG levels were through the roof at 6 weeks pregnant. I have been attending this clinic for my entire life and I’m in my mid thirties. The last straw was my last visit and the doctor at the time spent more time telling me that Dr Brar couldn’t be my family doctor because it had been a couple of years since my last visit, this to me is ridiculous because if there is no need for me to see a medic am I expected to just drop by for a nice chat? I always give people the benefit of the doubt, and unfortunately I have given this team a multitude of opportunities and time and time again they fall short. Needless to say I DO NOT RECOMMEND DR BRAR OR HIS PRACTICE, you will sorely be disapponted with the level of service, politeness and most importantly knowledge.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Went to him for the first time today and let me tell you, this man should no longer practice medicine. He's very rigid and arrogant, even swore and said my suggestion was "sh*t." Save your time and go elsewhere if you want to be taken seriously, otherwise this doctor will treat you like a joke. He's a doctor that's stuck in the past who thinks it's his way and his way only, NOT up to date with the advancements in health and medicine.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

IMHO and without prejudice, at least 5 of the reviews on this page alone are planted (extremely rare to get a 5 star rating for any doctor) Over the last 2 decades I have seen this doctor many times basically just to get no hassle refills and because his office is close and little waiting time, In and out in 20 minutes. The discussion is one way only (his way) I am quite familiar with my own body and wish to be involved in the treatment plan regarding my own health matters. He does not explain test results or engage the patient in any meaningful way. For serious health concerns I would go elsewhere. Thank you.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

Dr. Brar is a fair Doctor who speaks his mind and does not color coat his remarks. To him truth and what is just and right is more important than any other else. Black and white is the only way. If he says the patient must change lifestyle and health habits, he meant it because it is for the betterment of his patient. He will not go around in circles with the patient. It is what it is. If the patient wants to get better, it is best to listen to him.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

straight forward, he knows what a patient needs and he's been my doctor for the longest time! Amazing Doctor

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

I went in his clinic for the first time and he was very accommodating family doctor.I have vertigo and and I've been seeing lot of doctors but wasn't able to help me.He was very knowledgeable in giving me medical advice and and very supportive. I haven't seen a doctor who's so concern with his patient .Thanks to him.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Our doctor for 10 years, I can't complain how he looks after my family . Wish we have more doctors like him

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Worst doctor in Calgary ! just wants to get you in and out of his door

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Excellent doctor best medical advise he ever gave me he saved my life. Took me off prescriptions that other doctors prescribed. He is very to the point and very open and honest. I have not felt this good in years.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016