Ratings for Dr. Danielle Debanne

At first, I thought this doctor was better than most. She discovered some likely explanations for my problems. However, despite my pleas, she refused to look into matters any further. She is not referring me to the appropriate specialists. I'm being left to suffer. I think this doctor's biggest problem is a lack of empathy. If she has any, it's hidden and doesn't show. Her knowledge is so-so. She isn't open to learning anything new or considering various diagnoses. When something is clearly visible, like on the skin, she literally can't see it! I dislike the way she defends the "work" (or rather lack of it) of other doctors instead of making sure that I get the help I need. Her job is to assist me, not pat my previous doctors on the back for doing nothing. I gave this doctor a lot of information and details about my health problems. Now, as a result, I feel used. When I visit her, it's as if she didn't understand anything I said to her or has forgotten all of it. I keep telling her that I can't go on living with my degree of suffering, yet she seems to not understand what I mean... This doctor has left me feeling sad, disappointed, and hopeless. My health continues to decline.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2019

Dr. D is one of the best family doctors I have known! She is extremely thorough in her assessments and very competent in her care. She never hesitates to refer a patient to a specialist when needed or to order appropriate tests when required. She is a great human being, intelligent, very knowledgeable, caring for the well being of her patients, and offers them relevant advices.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

I have been going to Dr. Debanne for 17 years. She saved my life and my husband's life. Because she listens to her patients ,she makes the extra effort to check all possibilities and make sure nothing is ignored. If I would have left it to other doctors, I would be dead today. So I am devastated that we are losing her . I don't know that I will be able to trust anyone else with my health the way I have trusted her. Thank You Dr. Debanne enjoy your life, you deserve it.we will miss you so much.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

When I read some of these reviews I really wonder if we are talking about the same caring, logical, respectful, prompt, thorough Doctor that I have had for 15 years. If you have a problem she will "have your back". She sends you for specialists...if you need one. She gives you medication...if you need it. She gives you her informed advice...if you really want it. As I discovered when she gave me some advice I didnt really like....once it percolated for a while I realized it may have been some of the best advice I have ever been given.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

she does not care about her patients, only about the money.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

Dr Debanne seems tired, sad and frustrated. She no longer seems to enjoy her work, and rushes patients though in 15 minute appointments, discussing only one problem per visit. She has a tendency to prescribe drugs that relieve symptoms, rather than seeking to understand the cause of a problem. I always feel guilty for taking up her time and end up not telling her about what is wrong.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

I'm not sure who is writing these positve comments but anyone I talk to who is a patient of Dr Debannes mention her very rude, bi polar bedside manners. She should seriously consider retiring as it's very obvious that she no longer enjoys her job. She neglected to tell me that my cholesterol levels were very high two years ago when I had a blood test done. Her replacement doctor informed me of this when Dr Debanne was in Mexico. I no longer trust her and strongly recommend she hands over her practice to a doctor who actually wants to be there helping patients. She always seems frustrated and angry.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

I've been with Dr. Debanne since she started in Russell. She has never ever ever let me down and I appreciate her seeing me and my three children all these years!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I have beem with this doctor for 12 years. She is the best. She better never retire :)

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

We have been going to De Debanne for more than 15 years. At first we were fairly happy, but as we grew older and developed more medical issues, the level of our satisfaction has declined. We find she has a tendency to rush through her appointments, and her general refusal to deal with ore than one problem at a time is ridiculous, as often, different problems can be symptomatic of a single cause. If she would let you run through all your symptoms she might be better able to diagnose. Instead, her solution is to send you for more tests, xrays, or consultations with specialists; or to prescribe drugs. She is always running late; and it is extremely difficult to get through to her office on the phone. Getting an appointment can take a long time, even if you are quite sick, in which case her staff tells you to go to Emergency. Which kind of defeats the purpose of having a family doctor.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014