Ratings for Dr. Denis Azuma

Nobody better in Dentistry and I have had a few others having moved around in my early career

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Dr. Denis Azuma is an exceptional dentist with heart!! He goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure total and complete customer satisfaction. My recent experience getting a crown done was exemplary. Dr. Azuma accompanied me to the ceramist's laboratory to make sure the crown was customized to match my other teeth. My entire family and good friends see Dr. Azuma and we all share the same sentiment - he is one amazing Dentist. I have been to a lot of dentists in my life but it very rare that you find someone who truly cares.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

I've been a client of Dr. Azuma for many years. I recently had a crown replacement and Dr. Azuma went well above the "call" to ensure not only a proper fit, but ensured the colour match was as close to my other teeth as humanly possible. I was very, very impressed and appreciative!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Yesterday I visited the office of Dr. Azuma to extract one tooth. His work is excellent. It was pain free. I did not know when he got my tooth removed. I highly recommended him.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

I started with Dr. Azuma when I was looking for a dentist for my child and he was recommended to me by a colleague who had been taking her children to him. We have been with him for over 20 years even though there are many other dentists closer to our home. I am a basket case in a dentist chair since as a child they just drilled and filled with out the freezing. He speaks softly, calmly and patiently with me. He is a perfectionist. He has appliances to put in my mouth so I don't have to hold my mouth wide open. He won't let me leave until he is sure the work is well. he makes sure things aren't going down my throat. I've had 3 of my front teeth capped and he worked with the specialist to make sure I got the best. He is not about the money as someone said. He doesn't like people to have to stay longer if they don't need to. He is very respectful of people's time. He is very professional and may come across too serious but he does have a very warm and friendly smile and laugh. All you have to do is crack a joke. As they have said, once a year he travels to 3rd world countries to offer his dentistry experience for free. For the woman that said he does not care, you find me a dentist that will call you in the evening after you have been in his chair to see if you have had any problems since the freezing came out. He has been doing that, for over 20 years and my dentist before him was really great too but Dr. Azuma took it the next level. His staff are great. His office staff have been with him just as long and they are all about welcoming you and answering any questions you may have. Very friendly group. I've only been with the one hygienist and she is fantastic too.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Aside from the professionalism and quality of service, the guy calls you afterwards as a follow up. Plus, he volunteers with Doctors w/o Borders. Top notch.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr Azuma is using all the latest technologies and equipment and if you are afraid of pain, he is the right dentist for you. His office is very clean and comfortable. Unfortunately however I do not think he has empathy for his patients or perhaps it was just me? Whenever I was there I always felt being rushed into, giving me an impression he was just into making more money. Forgive me if I am wrong but I sometimes wonder if his humanitarian effort is genuine from his heart because it contradicts with the way he practiced his professional work ethic.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Azuma is the best dentist we have ever had. He is punctual and takes great pride in his work. He is the best at giving needles for freezing (you barely feel the needle!). Dr. Azuma always explains what he is about to do and shows you pictures of before and after! very transparent. He is also very careful to shape and adjust fillings so that they fit properly when you close your mouth. It is rare for a dentist to take as much time as he does to ensure this happens! He also calls after your procedure in the evening to make sure you are okay. Nice touch. The pleasant staff, videos and dvds make the visit much easier than most dentists. The team seems happy and friendly there as well. Great Dentist! Very happy with him and would give my highest recommendation. He treats our whole family now.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

very mediocre dentist, have had several chipped teeth fixed with Dr. Azuma, only to have these chips re-appear a short while later. Unsure about the care he puts into his work, as well as the materials used as I have had other teeth fixed by different dentists, no problem. Be careful how you spend your money with him.... you may find yourself back in his chair sooner than you think.

Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr. Azuma has been my dentist since I was a kid. He is very knowledgeable, and he doesn't push you to do services, but he will give you all of the details and general condition of your mouth. His staff is friendly, professional and helpful. I moved to BC in 2008 and really missed his services. Back in 2011, he's been my doc again since. I love how he calls the night of a filling or work to ask how you are feeling. It doesn't take very long to get an appointment. As a side note, he volunteers his vacation time to provide free dentistry in impoverished countries, which speaks to his strength of character. He is forthright, soft-spoken, kind and and patient. The experience overall is fantastic. No one thoroughly enjoys getting dental work done, but he makes it as thorough and yet painless a visit as possible every time you're in. I have never felt as confident in recommending someone as I am Dr. Azuma.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014