Dr. ANTHONY J. Furlan

Ratings for Dr. ANTHONY J. Furlan

Met Furlan 11/07 to discuss an aneurysm. He told me I was ok and he would not do anything w/it, as it was small. Thank God Dr. Fiorella just happened to be coming out of surgery so Dr. Furlan met w/him and another doc on Fiorella's team. Fiorella disagreed w/Furlan and said he thought he could coil it. Still thinking Furlan was one of the best, I took his advice and went back home to "think about it" (coiling procedure) for awhile. Needless to say, I was back to Fiorella 2/08, had the procedure, and it was a success. Dr. Furlan is now with University Hospitals, I think. He isn't at C.C. anymore. I was never notified, but I found out when I called to advise that I wanted to schedule the coiling. Can't say enough good about Dr. Fiorella. He's a great doc. If you have an aneurysm and you are interested in the coiling procedure, I would highly advis anyone to seek him for a consult.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2008

A couple years ago, I took my ailing dad to this doctor (who is the head of neurology at Cleveland Clinic....supposedly the best). My dad had what was diagnosed as a mild stroke, yet he was sick and weak, and not improving. We went to him for help. He had no bedside manner and was no help whatsoever.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2007

Supposed to be the best neurosurgeon in the best hospital in the U.S. After driving 940 miles, I waited 2 1/2 hours to get a 3 1/2 minute consultation. He told me that the shakes I had were 'familial' or inherited. Further tests with other Doctors showed that I had a separation in two vertebras in my neck. The resulting operation fixed all the pain and shaking.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2007

Dr. ANTHONY J. Furlan's Credentials

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med, Maywood Il 60153 (Grad. 1973)