Ratings for Dr. Richard W. Bock

I was referred to Dr. Bock by a friend of mine for work on varicose veins. Everyone I encountered in the office was cheerful, helpful, respectful, and knowledgeable. Dr. Bock himself was a wonderful combination of professional, warm and funny. Ultimately I was deemed a good candidate for surgery and I have just completed the first session. Everyone was timely, professional and upbeat. Who would think you could have fun during a surgical procedure? I highly recommend Dr. Bock to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

My doctor sent me to Dr. Richard Bock to repair a fistula of my femoral artery. My doctor considered this urgent because blood was not able to circulate all the way down my leg. My doctor forwarded Dr. Bock my medical records and scan. I had a similar experience to another person who wrote about Dr. Bock - he seemed to me unprepared for my visit, unfamiliar with my medical record or urgent need, refused when I asked to even look at the scan my doctor sent, demanded that I have an ultrasound of the same area made at his office (my doctor told me later that the scan he sent Dr. Bock was higher resolution than any ultrasound) and submit to a full physical (even though the medical records my doctor sent included a report of a full physical exam made just two weeks earlier). When I declined the ultrasound and physical exam, Dr. Bock announced that no doctor/patient relationship could be established and dismissed. I felt I had no patient rights. It's his way or the highway! Avoid him!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Bock by a cardiologist to repair damage in an artery in my leg. Though I called his office several times, the only call I received was on the morning of my appointment to ask me why I had been referred to them. During the appointment, I became awarethat Dr. Bock had not studied my records carefully because he assumed the damged artery was in the wrong leg. Dr. Bock even refused to even at a current image of the damged artery I brought from another clinic and demanded I get a new, expensive ultrasound from him. But I feel most inappropriately, Dr. Bock insisted I have an expensive, full "head to toe" (including a pelvic physical exam) performed by his office PA!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

refused to treat leg vascular problem, even though i could,/not walk .state was quit smoking and come back in 6 months (twice).this has gotten worse I feel like my lie in in jepury, also neck blokkage/ per uultra sound.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2008

Dr. Richard W. Bock's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)