Ratings for Dr. Lilly Toma

Even before opens the door (time is money) she starts talking about my back MRI, about how it looks like an old man's, she gives me prescription, indications and she asks the front desk to give me a copy of the MRI. And you probably guessed, they never received my MRI. They had to call the clinic and had to wait another half an hour then I left. I guess the prescriptions are pre-writed too. Such a doctor I can be myself easily.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

Always late, not by 15 minutes, 45-60 minutes, 30 in the waiting room, then another 30 in the stall. If you take time off from work too bad, left couple times and looking for a new doctor right now. Just can't do this anymore, what's to be 30 minutes in and out is 90 minutes. She's ok personality wise, but bites more than she can chew (they schedule by 10 minutes and then walk ins mess up schedule on top of it) Also, Dr. Toma not there too often (had another job in the hospital and frequent vacations) and you have to see the male doctor who only draws on the paper or Melnyk who's too junior and not familiar with your health since not your primary doctor.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Great Doctor, knowledgeable and very friendly. The waiting times are sometimes a bit of a pain but sometimes is just worth it.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Dr. Lilly Toma is rude, dismissive, consistently runs a late clinic (over 1hr behind schedule) without apology. Unprofessional, refuses to be accountable and will go on to blame other healthcare professionals (yes complain to the patient about other professionals) rather than to admit her own mistakes and work towards a resolution for the patient's health. Is not patient centred, not sure if it's ego/ arrogance not to refer when needed which sadly in the end leaves the patient to suffer needlessly. Completely unethical behaviour- unsure why she practices even.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

I doubt that someone would like to hear my comment

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Painfully slow. I appreciate the extra time she spends with each patient, but the bookings should be set for every half hour instead of 15 minutes.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

My wife and I had the worst experience ever with Dr. Toma. We had an appointment at 1 PM but we had to wait 1.5!!!!! hour for Dr. Toma to show up. After I raised my concern about such a long long waiting time she responded: "It is what it is, if you don't like it change your doctor and you no longer welcome in here". We were shocked by this attitude as we never expected a PROFESSIONAL!! doctor to behave like this. We were very disappointed and I asked my wife to immediately change her family doctor . Professional attitude is the first and most important thing that everyone expects from a family doctor. I never recommend people to choose her as a family doctor.

Submitted December 17, 2016

doctor Toma is always attentive, and provides clear and appropriate information. The entire staff is friendly and helpful. The long wait at times, may be forgiven because when she is with a patient she is focused only on that patient.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I have followed Dr Toma from clinic to clinic in the past 8 years. She is a kind woman and I love her as a doctor BUT that is just not enough to justify waiting 1- 2 hours every time (and this is appointment based visits not walk-ins). I have tried to work with the staff to book a time slot that would have the least amount of wait and it doesn't matter, they all require you to wait min of an hour to max of 2 hours to see her. You can decide if you have that kind of time to wait around.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr. Toma is a great doctor. She has a calming presence and always listens carefully to my concerns with a smile on her face. Wait time used to be very long, but in my recent visit I waited less than 10 minutes which was great. I guess they have done something to address the complaints about long wait times.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016