Ratings for Dr. Donald Clark

Excellent surgeon . Thoroughly explain ed procedure , answered any questions / concerns . Contacted my son with update post surgery . Would highly recommend this doctor . Receptionist was polite , very helpful .

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Hes amazing. His receptionist however is awful. Yell at me for missing an appointment when in the sentence before admitted they dont have an answering machine. If he wasnt so amazing I would never go back due to her

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I went to call Dr Clark's office to ask a question for the first time, since my fiancees emergency worst case hernia procedure(requiring bowel resection also) , performed July 7th(9-11pm). Upon looking for the phone number to his office I found this rating website and looked into the comments. I felt Dr Clark deserved a 5 across the board but I couldn't answer the part about the staff, and based on the comments I read and being an experienced receptionist myself, may as well wait and call first and see how that goes to honestly rate all subjects. The receptionist handled my call as I would expect or handle myself, polite, quick to seek out an answer from Dr Clark, and friendly. Now I can continue to explain why my fiance and I choose to rate Dr Clark with a 5 straight across. My fiancee could have and almost died prior to his surgery in the hands of other doctors prior to becoming a patient of Dr Clark. He was in worst possible groin hernia condition where everything that could go wrong causing complications, had already gone wrong(strangulated and ruptured bowel so dead gangrene was already present, thus continued into infected bowel, infected seminal vessicle and scrotum). It was nothing more than a blessing that this surgeon was the surgeon there when he was, or it is very hard to say what the outcome may have been. Potentially could have lost his testicle or more of his "manly baggage", had higher risk of needing a temporary or permanent colostomy bag, had high risk of potentially needing suction pump or further bowel resection needed than the average statistics associated with the standard version of this/these two combined procedures. Statistically I researched that my fiancee had an increased mortality rate of 28% on top of the standard rate for simplified versions of this surgery. Needless to say we absolutely understand and appreciate what huge success this surgeon clearly performed. I thank him for being there when he was for us, or we may never have gotten to set a wedding date (which due to the wakeup call of how short time can be cut unexpectedly) will be this September if God permits!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Excellent surgeon! I would highly recommend Dr. Clark. He has preformed two surgeries on me in the last two months. He is very knowledgeable, thourough and competent. He was kind, caring and listened to my concerns. I would not hesitate in the slightest to have him as my surgeon again. The receptionist was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Excellent in every way!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

THE RECEPTIONIST IS TERRIBLE AT HER JOB!!!!! She is completely cold hearted and incompetent. Although Dr. Clark himself seems knowledgeable, I received such a run around from his front line staff that I could not possibly recommend this doctor to others. I've never left a review before, but I had such a horrible experience dealing with this office that I wanted to warn others. AVOID this doctor if you can!!!!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

DO NOT HAVE HIM TOUCH YOU!, I had bowel surgery with an expentency of 7-10 days in hospital . Dr Clark did so much damage to me during surgery that I almost died on the table. I woke up during surgery because I lost so much blood. I suffered in valley regional with urine running out of every hole in my abdomen . All Clark had to say was "I have a plan" he also told me that he has done everything for me and my attitude was why I wasn't getting better. After 77 days in valley. Another doctor had me transferred to Halifax where my bladder and prostrate had to be removed because they died inside me because of lack of blood flow. Dr Clark even called my home and talked to my 15 year old daughter it find out what happened in Halifax. This guy should not have the right to operate! I hope the college of physicians agree.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

I met Dr. Clark today for the first time, he is very good at explaining things and is very thorough. I think he is a good Doctor, very confident and will listen to what you say as well!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

I very much enjoyed having Dr. Clark as my surgeon!!!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

While this doctor may not come across as being overly warm and fuzzy towards you, he is excellent at what he does and very thorough. With the issues I've come across with other doctors, I'll take a doctor that knows what he's doing and always has the best interest of his patient in mind any day and I don't care if he gives me a hug!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

I keep getting the run around with this Dr. every time he tells me to call his office to re-book, and I call, the office is CLOSED!!! My GP keeps telling me it's urgent, I know it's urgent, because I'm in constant pain, yet I can't even get a hold of anyone in his office???

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015