Ratings for Dr. James MacMillan

Unfortunately for us he retired. We always had to wait for our appointment but it was worth it. Friendly, caring and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Visiting J.R. was always worth the wait. Fantastic bedside manner, wonderful sense of humour. Very personable, always engaged, and INTERESTED in what I had to say. Made me feel like I was a part of my health care experience, not just a subject. Served the community well into his 70's, which is most admirable. Jane and Pat were always quick and efficient, very friendly, and accomodated my needs. My sincerest thanks for all your hard work over the years -- Andrew M.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

Very knowledgeable. Very probably prevented a stroke or heart attack in my case. One of a dying breed of doctors and therefore will retire v. soon. His appointments nearly always run 45 mins late!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2010

Dr. Mac. has been our family doctor for over twenty years and he is the best! I have three children with went through all the childhood illnesses and he treated them wonderfully. My youngest was born with a genetic metabolic disorder and spent a lot of time at Sick Kids. The thing that I liked the most about him was that he said any of her queries would have to be taken up with someone with more knowledge than his. For someone, never mind a doctor,, to say something like that I was very impressed! I was always in pain (bad joints) and could never fight simple infections, again he sent me to any doctor that he thought could help me! I was diagnosed with an auto immune disease, one that is very hard to diagnose! I would like to thank doctor MacMillan for all of his years of support...and yes,friendship. He has a wonderful Scottish sense of humour that I just love. Even on my roughest days the man makes me smile and I feel better instantly! How many doctors can do that?.(Jane your great)

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

When presented with a serious mental health issue by a patient, Dr. MacMillan appears unable or unwilling to act in his patient's best interests. He appears threatened when questionned as to his lack of referring the patient for specialized and more appropriate medical care and support. He is not above making negative allegations about those who challenge his treatment of a family member with a mental health issue. He attempts to hide behind his professionalism as a medical doctor & misuses the privilege of such by recording erroneous & misleading information in his files about someone who challenges his medical authority & approach. In short, while he may deal well with physical medical issues, he appears to have serious shortcomings in dealing with mental health issues to the detriment of the patient and family members.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2009

Dr MacMillan knows absolutly nothing about mental health issues and should be put out of practice because of this. Should show more consideration to those who are suicidal as it could be considered his fault if someone he supports does end up taking their own life.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2009

Dr MacMillan has been our doctor for 30 years and we trust him with our health. We will miss him dearly when he retires. Jane his receptionist is amazing, she makes the office run smooth and is most efficient at helping with telephone inquiries. Thanks Dr Mac and Jane for your care. BJF

flag | Submitted August 13, 2008

Dr. MacMillan has been our family doctor for 20 years. I've always found him to be considerate, compassionate and caring for myself and my family. He has a very broad base of knowledge and has no difficulty in referring you to a specialist if it is warranted. Deserves top marks. Doug D.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2008

He has been my doc for 19 years and I have allways found him very caring if he doesn't know what is wrong he sends you on to the next level. For that I thank him because they are still trying to figure out what is wrong with my hand. But he did his part. Thankyou Mike

flag | Submitted May 3, 2007

The wait is so long. You forget why you are there when you get into his office.The waiting in the lounge a side. He is a great Doc. Yes I truly believes he cares.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2007