Ratings for Dr. Joel S. Spellun

Dr. Spellin has a wonderful bedside manner. He is very knowledgeable and up to date on all new medicines and issues that are out. Has always diagnosed me before test results even came back. Other family members also see him. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Dr Spellun is a great asset to his field. I have been a patient of his for over 30 years when he first started practice on Atwood Ave. He has been there when I freaked out. I was diagnosed w U C when I was 20. Dr Spellun came highly recommend He has done his best to keep my condition quite. I have recommended other family members and friends to Dr Spellun without reservation

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

omg the best dr ever!! been a patient for over 20yrs..

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Great doctor, I been his patient for over 20 years, always helpful and knowledgeable. Most importantly during office visits he takes his time, answers your questions and is very thorough. The office staff is unbelievable, never rude and every time I have an issue with medications, procedures or appointments they are ready to help. Highly recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012

My whole family has seen Dr. Spellun for many years. For the most part he has been great, but I believe its time for a change. Its getting increasingly more difficult to get an appointment with Dr. Spellun in a timely manner, even for established patients! His bedside manner can be a little abrupt sometimes, and he's too quick to blame being overweight as a reason for everyones problems. On the plus side, he is very conscientous, and will quickly return calls. He doesn't over order too many tests. I still think he's an excellent doctor, but I think a 2nd opinion is needed for my family member.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

Awesome docotr!! I've been a patient of his for over 7 years. He takes the extra time to explain everything. Doesn't rush you into making a decision about meds. Always calls you back, weekends, Holidays, doesn't matter. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

Great Doctor--I have had him for 15 or so years. He is kind and always very knowledgeable. He always does his research. The office staff are very pleasant and the Nurse Practioner is also great. Would recomend this practice (and Have) to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2008

Dr. Spellun is very easy to talk to, very knowledgeable, and gives good, sound advise. You can,t find a better Gastroenterologist.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2008

The absolute best! Kind, gentle, kept up w/ other fields.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2005

Dr. Joel S. Spellun's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1982)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Providence, RI