Ratings for Dr. Lewis S. Anreder

my appointment was scheduled to be at 12:30 pm. I was not called to come to the back room until 2:00 pm. I waiting in that room until 3:15. When he finally showed up he asked what was happening and i told him the symptoms of my Hashimoto's disease, which is an auto immune disease that attacks my thyroid. I told him my extreme fatigue was interfering with my life. he the told me that being tired has nothing to do with my thyroid (if you have thyroid problems you understand how wrong this is). he talked over me. told me that i had "emotional hysteria" and that my muscle pain was from an STD that i don't have. he is completely sexist and told me everything was in my head. HE IS BY FAR THE WORST DOCTOR IVE EVER SEEN. i had to correct him nurmous times on things about my disease that all doctors should know. he finally settled on the fact that he didnt know if i had a thyroid problem even though his own lab found the antibodies in my blood. i am leaving this practice before he kills me.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

Even though his punctuality is bad, we still go there because he is so thorough with each patient.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

I am a health professional in the area. I see hundreds of patients each month, and deal with many doctors. This experience has enabled me to determine which doctors are good and which doctors are very good. Dr. Anreder and his staff are far and away the BEST and MOST caring general practitioners in the area. He is my family doctor. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

How did this guy get this high rating?? He is by far the WORST doc I have EVER experienced & since making the mistake of visiting him I have heard only bad things about him. I am not kidding when I say that if I were run over by a truck in his parking lot I would demand to be taken to another doc. I am also neither kidding nor exaggerating when I say that he nearly killed my husband. My husband was having severe difficulty breathing & Anreder gave him Claritin D. When I got my husband to a real doc 2 weeks later he was diagnosed with aggravated asthma with his lungs severely infected & had to spend over a month on antibiotics & Prednisone. Rather than listen to his lungs Anreder spent the office visit trying to sell him other services in the office, nutritionist, etc. He did the same with me, & when I was less interested he became extremely hostile. My suggestions as to what might be wrong with me were met with derision & a blast of pure ego. This man is no doctor.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2008

Dr. Lewis S. Anreder's Credentials

• Univ Del Noreste, Esc De Med, Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico (Grad. 1983)