Ratings for Dr. Hugo E. Rodier

I have found Dr Rodier to be extremely knowledgeable and passionate in the care of his patients . He continues educate and help me manage and even eliminate many things that have a affected me just through simple nutrition and and habit changes that every other doctor has hastily written prescriptions which did nothing but mask these symptoms temporarily. Yet he recognizes the benefits and the necessity of modern medicine when appropriate. The fact that many of my ailments have been alleviated through nutrition and being able to use over the counter supplements or even certain foods, specifically tart cherry juice and curcuma, as opposed to prescribing costly unnecessary drugs, some with many negative side effects, are things I think more doctors should focus on. Dr Rodier s approach in treating the entire body, realizing that one specific ailment is usually a symptom of a larger underlying problem is very unique and shows his passion for medicine, and is not something I have found in any other doctor from whom I have sought treatment. I truly appreciate the fact that he is the only doctor I know of today who cares about the overall health of his patients and our long-term well-being.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Rodier is far beyond his time in that, through nutrition and his research, he recognized that gut health is the foundation for general good health; and while it takes time, necessary to help reverse the effects of illness. He is an educator: His diet, research and expertise helped me learn what works and does not. I was desperately ill for years. I was rapidly crippling and my loss of cognitive function and ability was declining rapidly. I couldn't have been more surprised to learn that the food I was eating could be making me sick, and that I may be lacking key nutrients that may help me. I followed his diet and suggested supplementation for an entire year out of sheer desperation and the fact that no one prior could help me. It was very difficult and I was flabbergasted to learn that I was craving sugar and types of carbohydrates that I had been used to eating. I didn't believe I had a problem with food, and I certainly did not believe sugar was a problem until I experimented with his diet. I learned that I had a lot of food allergies. As my body became "cleaner" I could ascertain quickly what hurt and helped me. As I grew stronger, I could re-introduce some foods and could then handle them; some I could not. I also became more aware of environmental factors (pollution, allergies to area pollen, food and possibly altitude) which kept me weak. I was sick for many years, and healing has come gradually with Dr. Rodier's expertise in tweaking my diet and supplementation, and answering questions that I had. The reading he suggested help me understand why he promoted gut health. I am no longer crippled and am no longer as cognitively impaired. I still have a ways to go. In a move over a two year period, I did not stay on the diet as strictly, and I gradually began to decline. Going back on the diet with new determination has had very fast results at this point. I recommend Dr. Rodier very highly. I have the greatest respect for him. In my experience, what he has taught me has given back my life. I have a ways to go but am functioning far better than I was 10 years ago. I will be forever grateful to him. I confess that I had to be desperate enough to try what he suggested. I didn't believe it. I do now.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Dr. Rodier has been my doctor for many years. He is a great listener and takes the time to really help me understand my problems. I like his holistic approach to health and medicine. I have learned about how good nutrition and exercise really does make a difference. Dr. Rodier is very practical and thoughtful. I highly recommend him if you want real answers to real problems.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Dr. Rodier has helped me tremendously with my health problems. He listens, and he cares. He is one of the most well read and well informed doctors I have found. What a relief to find a doctor that is conversant both in traditional medicine and natural health care.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

If you are looking just for prescriptions don't try this doctor. If you are looking for an alternative approach to your health problem then he is your guy. First visit is very long and complete, the follow-up are too short in my opinion. 5 stars is a must

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

After working with with Dr's at several other medical clinics for 15 months with no success, I was refered to Dr. Rodier. After one visit he accomplished more with me than I had with all the other Dr's. I took him all of my test results and history, told him the problems I was having, mostly allergic reactions to other medications I had to take. He got me off all of the medications, found the real problem, and he has been my primary physician since.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr. Rodier is a very smart Dr. but lacks the ability to explain and listen to his patients. I decided to give him a second chance after an confrontational first appointment. At the first appointment he shoved several articles in my face seemingly trying to prove his knowledge. I want a Dr. who will listen to me and not prepare what to say before he even meets me for the first time. I agree with Dr. Rodiers methods of holistic medicine but I do no like his personality or his approach. He is rude and does not listen to his patients. He only spent about 10 minutes with me on the second appointment to say the exact thing he had said before but spent little to no time listening to what I had to say. I do not plan on going back to see Dr. Rodier.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I went to several Doctors over the past two years. I always felt sick and was always tired. The other Doctors told me that I was depressed. Hugo did some blood work and found that I was not at all depressed that I am Diabetic. Wow if others Doctors took the time to see the real prob I would have saved thousands on medical expenses and meds I did not need. Yes he might be a lil more expensive and yes he does per-mote better eating and health. But lets look at the real underlying probs. Good nutrition and health start with awareness. He does a great job at finding the real prob and has a real solution. I lost 80 lbs and my A1C went from 7.8 to 6.1 in six months. I would not change any of it for the world. It's a huge relief to find a Doc that will spend time to talk and not just push you through and prescribe meds in hopes to make you go away. He finds the cause and then couches you on how to fix it. Best Doc I have been to in twenty years. Hugo you rock.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I want a physician who will advise and encourage me to maintain good health through lifestyle and nutrition. Dr. Rodier does that. I feel good that at 69 years of age I do not depend on pharmaceuticals. I do agree that Dr. Rodier could provide more time on consultations. All in all, however, I am a satisfied patient.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2013

I prefer more "natural" healing approaches which is why I was drawn to Pioneer Clinic to begin with. Unfortunately, I was not impressed with my experience. He seems very intelligent, but he didn't seem to listen to me. I felt like he already had planned what he was going to recommend before even finding out what was wrong with me.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Dr. Hugo E. Rodier's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Kaiser-Permanente