Ratings for Dr. John L. Burkard

One of the best doctors I have ever encountered. Spent a lot of time listening to me and my complaints. Afetr examining me he cut right to the chase and told exactly what he thought was wrong with me. He arranged the necessary tests and referrals. I will certainly be back

flag | Submitted July 21, 2012

We have been a patron of this practice for over 10 years. When I needed to fill out work form with treatment records, Dr. Burkard was condescending and inattentive in a required, paid consultation, did not respond in a timely manner to multiple requests for the same information, did not report my long treatment history, including visits that he required each time I need a prescription refill. No electronic data or communication. My spouse and I are transferring to a different practice. We regret we didn't do it sooner; we overlooked a lot over the years in an attempt to build a long trusting relationship. I am a hospital RN. I am most upset by the lack of two-way professionalism.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Technically - above average. Team player - (patent and specialists other than his list)- needs improvement. Not much dialog. He believes in: Dr. prescribes and you follow instructions. Nursing staff is very good within their limitations by instruction.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2011

I have seen Dr Burkard on several times now to see if I was in on an off day. He is friendly but not helpful. I have come to find him arrogent and not that concerned with my experience. I agree with the post that says they seem to be focused on profit. I too just needed a refill and was required to make an office visit to get it. It didn't take long in the office but I had to rearrange my life and inconvience others to get the appointment before my prescription ran out. I will be changing doctors.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2011

Doctor Burkard was not very helpful. Time spent with him was minimal. Burhard ordered unnecessary testing, did not listen to my problem and rushed to conclusions. No follow up was done. Doctor seems only interested in revenue. Overall an average practice where you will spend more time talking about payments. Doctor could only prescribe a treatment which will garantee problems later on. According to his own staff I was overcharged. My conclusion: Why go there when there are lots of places to chose from?!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010

Dr. John L. Burkard's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

• BCBS Illinois