Ratings for Dr. Curtis Handford

Exceptional doctor. He is very caring, passionate, professional and knowledgeable doctor.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

I just finished reading the commentaires in reference to Dr. Handford...seriously?? One of the best Doctor's I have ever had. I am in my 60's and have been going to him for over 12 years. I believe I am still alive because of him! Before surgery at St. Mikes and internist said to me, "someone is taking very good care of you". That's Curtis!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Very thorough, professional and caring. Just excellent.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Dr. Handford has not integrated email into his practice yet. Ontario doctors are prevented by law from answering email.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

I saw him when my regular doctor couldn't see me. I remember how distraught I was after I complained about an IME doctor ariel zielinsky and his treatment of me. He had nothing to say, reviewed the implausible and dishonest report. Then dismissed me and refused to speak to me any further or to even help with treatment. Weisdorff is much better. I will never forget this day. You clearly deserve a zero rating as you offered nothing constructive and of value to me or just plain compassion for clinical depression.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

Curtis is a good doctor. I've been with him for a few years and I always find him to be thorough and takes the time with me. Any concerns I have are always addressed and referrals made when requested or needed. I'm a late 40's male. The only issue is that he backs up- so a 10:30 visit will most likely happen about noon. Plan on a half day. The office staff is nice but the place is bullet-proof. You slide your card through this little slot and you speak through the glass. I guess they have their reasons but it feels like a lockdown facility in some decayed America city.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

pleasant young man; probably still at St. Michaels for aiding in medical mal practise cover ups; colon exam consisted of "is there a history of colon cancer in your family?" n.b. at Toronto Western Hopital they always do a physical exam of the colon on yearly physicals; 4 vistis with him while under the supervision Dr. Thea Marie Weisdorf were removed from my medical file and never got to the Superior Court of Ontario; Terry L. Walker vs The Health Provfesisions Review and Appeal Board.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

He is right on the money,knowledgable,helpful,willing,polite,and i wish i had him all my life. Over all a great doctor,and i am grateful that I am under his care now.

Submitted April 5, 2013

I have had this doctor for almost a decade. He is one of the few doctors to work with Transgender people. And while I am grateful that he would work with me I find him to be very disconnected, unsympathetic and judgmental. I feel I am not getting the support I needed to correct my other health issues and when I consult with other health practitioners they are also quite shocked by his unwillingness to support and refer. I would change my family doctor in a heartbeat but because of my condition it will take longer than that but I am still in the process of doing so. If you are transgender I recommend you go to the Sherbourne Health Centre. The nursing staff at St. Michael's Clinic are great but Dr. Handford although educated, is as cold as ice and not supportive at all, at least from my experience.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Dr. Handford is the best doctor I can ask for. He has been taking care of my wife and myself for years. We are very happy with all the treatements and services we got from him. He is knowlegeable, nice and patient, always thinking for his patients.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012