Ratings for Dr. Susan Hiscock

I previously left a positive rating, but the longer I am treated as a burden and medicated without a thorough diagnosis, the more I realize that this is not an interested or caring doctor.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

Very knowledgeable, not a very warm bedside manner but she asks the right questions and got to the bottom of a tough problem. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Always waiting a minimum of an hour to get seen past my appointment time. I have been put onto medications many times over the years without having any type of testing done first to figure out the underlying problem. Can never get a straight answers from her and have had to force her to take my blood to get tested before being put on strong medications. Not recommended !

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

Great doctor, no problem getting in and great lady at the desk

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Husband wanted to quit smoking, she says don't worry about it Never knows why your there, very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Hiscock is a pretty knowledgeable doctor and seems to know what she is talking about. The major disservice to her practice is how you are treated. You're not greeted with a smile from herself or Joan, her receptionist. Instead, you're treated bt especially Joan as if you are nothing but an annoyance. Don't bother trying to follow up after you have had tests, or referals. You won't get any information. Also, don't expect to be kept up to date, or expect anything done in an appropriate timely fashion. Don't expect any warm welcomes; I have never even seen Susan smile. Because of this treatment I have never felt welcome or comfortable going to my doctor. In fact, it creates a bit of anxiety for me when I have to go there or speak to Joan in person or on the phone. I avoid my doctor and go to walk in clinics, I only seek her help if its a must.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Very clinical, you need to know what you want from your appointment.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Joan is great and tries hard to work things out and keep things functioning. Dr Hiscock barely pays you as the patient any attention. Looking at her screen and asking questions. Rarely gives the patient time to explain or ask questions. Suddenly consultation is over and she walks out and you are left wondering if that's all??? Sometimes not even a farewell or come see me in a week type of comment. I often leave not even knowing what I have or what she thinks. She seems irritated if you talk too much. Back problems... Or knee issues... She does not take seriously and won't refer you out either. Very unsatisfactory performance for a family physician.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

This office runs behind a lot I have before spent hours waiting for my appointment. This has happened multiple times with no apology from anyone for keeping me waiting. The other day I have a 2:00 appointment and did not get taken in until 3:00 and then spent half an our waiting in an examination room. Not ok when I book time off work for appointments.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

She is very concerned about her patients. When I presented to her with a possible heart problem I sent immediately to the emergency department at the st. Mary's memorial hospital.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Gila River Healthcare
Golden Rule
Group Health
Health Alliance
Health Choice Of Arizona (Ahccss)
Health Plan Of Nevada