Ratings for Dr. Sally J. Belcher

Dr Belcher explained what I needed to do to be healthier and was compassionate about the barriers I faced. Her team are all very helpful. I appreciated her professional advise and opinions.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

I would advise people to stay away from her. for almost a decade, I perceived incompetence and laziness. Quick to diagnose anxiety and prescribe psychotropic drugs such as Paxil. Therapeutic failure from these eventually occur and when withdrawal symptoms appear due to stoppage of dangerous drugs that do not work, she would then persit in correlating said symptoms with those of anxiety. You will experience that:(original illness + underlying, undetected, untreated, and evolving illness + worsened health due to damage done by the medications used + withdrawal effects) x years of medication use and health neglect = degree of abysmal misery she would had put you through. I regretted having taken the drugs she prescribed. I am hurting now. She is not fit at all. Beware.

Submitted November 25, 2012

I have felt a need to defend myself at every visit with Dr. Belcher. I do not feel it is a working partnership with her. She is clearly the doctor and has treated me as though my experience and knowledge about my body and my health is irrelevant. She questions everything and I have had to fight to get an appointment, for prescriptions - even prescriptions for maintenance medication. I have always felt I needed to be on the defensive and convince her of any of my complaints or symptoms. She does not listen to what is presented to her and seems to have already diagnosed and decided on her treatment (or usually lack of), even before the exam.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

Dr. Sally J. Belcher's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Rockville, MD