Ratings for Dr. Stephen P. Cafferty

Dr Cafferty had always been a very thorough dr and very conscientious to his patient's care. The one mistake he made that had a severe and detrimental impact on his practice was bringing his crazy wife and her family in to run the practice -and they ran it alright , into the ground. If you are reading this Dr Cafferty than you will know and recall the horrid way I was treated by your wife because of her obvious insecurities not to mention the HIPPA violations about my care and her wild accusations of you're infidelity or should I say her imaginary thoughts that I as a patient "was in the office being treated alone : quote with a married man" of which the staff and entire waiting room heard! I didn't speak out publicly then because of my position in healthcare and working for an affiliate of you'res I had hoped to resolve this with an apology that was rightfully due with regard to her false accusations. I was embarrassed for you as well having to drag her (physically) out of the back door. As time goes by I have endured many medical issues and am being treated out of county - when asked for prior medical records at one of my specialists the near mention of your name and the staff member started telling me about an incident with your wife a patient had experienced sadly I knew she was referring to my experience-small world. For the record, you had been a great Dr to many and anyone will tell you they had a great affection for you're compassionate care you provided it's a shame what patient's see 1st is the customer service of you're staff who were affected by the office manager's mannerisms and insignificant managerial training which affected their ability to provide patient's the best possible experience they deserved,

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

This doctor is very nice and spends lots of time with you. He seems to be very good at diagnosing illnesses. I don't mind waiting a long time, as I try to use that time effectively. The good doctors have long waits. What I do mind is sitting in the waiting room and listening to the office manager belittle the staff and beat them down. How dare she? She even does that to the doctor. No wonder the staff has such a poor rating, I can understand them not wanting to smile or be friendly with that woman on their backs. This is the scene everytime I am there for an appointment. Perhaps the staff and patients could arm themselves with some kind of defense before entering. You never know when she will go off. Very scary. Dr. C, for the good of your practice, you should replace her with a professional who can deal with people and encourage the staff. Sorry for your situation.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

For everyone complaining about Lyme, Dr. C is one of a handful of doctors in Maryland who will even consider treating this difficult and highly politicized disease. Be thankful for even being treated at all. Do some homework and go to Ilads for more info. Yes, most of you do have Lyme! There are 30 reasons that Lyme shows up as negative in the blood tests. I left this practice because of the horrid office manager. Just sitting in the waiting room and listening to her interactions with patients, and phone calls was enough for me. I do not believe the post below, as there is no way Dr. C would have married this person. She must have something over him and threatened to shut him down. I have been in the waiting room when she has treated him so badly, and I have one word for her: shameful. Dr. C is a kind and helpful doctor but over the years his staff has pulled him down. When I called the billing person to ask a polite question she was horrid too. Good Luck Doc C! You may need it.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Dr. Cafferty is a very kind, patient and knowledgeable doctor. the staff is difficult to get a response from and wait time is very long ~ keep in mind he is patiently listening to other patients while you are waiting and gives you the same respect. after seeing dozens of doctors over 3 1/2 years, Dr. Cafferty (once i got to see him) quickly diagnosed me with several serious conditions (confirmed with blood tests) that all the other doctors and specialists had missed. he has faith that people know their body/what could be wrong. i am glad that he no longer prescribes pain meds as the post that was just written in the last hour is WRONG~ I WAS THERE!! (how did she post so quickly? said she lives 2 1/2 hours away) when she demanded to be seen to receive drugs she was denied and the office manager told her she was welcome to bring an attorney to discuss it. the patient stopped fussing once she realized she wasn't getting a prescription and they all sat around and chatted nicely! ...

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

I love DR. Cafferty. Yes I have had to wait an exorbitant amount of time for appointments, but the staff has never been discourteous to me in any way. Dr. Cafferty has been the only doctor who has been able to deal with my sickness and has had the knowledge to treat me. He is very kind and feel very lucky to have found him as a doctor.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

While on the face, this doctor is kind, understanding, and knowlegable, you realize that he is not doing what needs to be done for those patients that really do not have many problems. My mom, 70 years old, has been going to him for years. She has high blood pressure, thyroid problems, and chronic pain in her hips, knees and ankles. Following a falling out with his staff in which he came out after the dark hair person from the back came out to address the patients for talking about the wait time, I decided that my mom needed another doctor. While at the new doctors, I found out that he has never ordered any kind of xrays to look at her problem areas and was treating her with narcotics that only masked the problems. When she complained to him about her pain, he blamed it on the rain. He is a very nice man and my mom absolutely loved him. Unfortunately I could not handle the wait time, the nastiness of the staff and incompetince of the doctor.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2010

Dr. Cafferty is a good Doctor & a sweetheart. But his staff is horrible especially his Office Manager. And he won't be getting rid of her anytime soon because he married her!She is rude & the worse thing he could have done was to bring her & her sister or who ever else he added to his staff-because they ALL are rude-it's a qualification to work there.He needs to stand up to her & kick her to the curb because she is causing him to not only loose patients but she is going to cause him to loose his practice as well. Dr. Cafferty-I hope she is worth it! She doesn't know what she is doing and she is not only very rude and disrespectful towards the patients but she is very disrespectful towards the Doc & she voices it where patients can hear it. Forget trying to call in and actually talking to a human.Thanks for everything Dr. Cafferty but I can't take dealing with your Staff anymore especially dealing with your office procedures and office manager. If that ever changes let me know. Goodbye!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2010

I find Dr Cafferty very helpful, he listens to what I say and is very knowledgeable in his profession. He is one of the only doctors around the area that knows anything about Lyme disease, and will treat it based on the severity of symptoms and based on what YOU tell him. He does tend to treat symptoms more than the overall cause, but if you tell him your concerns he will listen and treat you effectively. Only complaint is getting a hold of staff members over the phone; also the wait time for appointments is ridiculous sometimes.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2010

the so called "office manager" if thats what she is the office should not be in so much termoral as it is in Dr Caffertys time of need or recooperation . Its like there is no managerment involved ?!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2010

I originally went to Dr Nasr. When Dr. Cafferty came to his practice and I started seeing him. He was very good when he was at Dr Nasrs at first, He helped me with weight loss and then he went out on his own and I went to him for 2 tick bites. He treated me with doxicycline for over 6 months and then put a port in me and started rocephin and I was on that for over 6 months, he over treated me drastically. I am now suffering from it and have chronic lymes, no amune system, constent muscle,bone,and nerve pain, memory loss, vision loss, shaking, bone loss, black outs, and have to walk with a walker and had to go on SS because I cant work due to him over medicating me. I will never get better. He is a horrible dr. and his staff is very nasty, rude and uncaring. He is quick to just put people on pain meds instead of finding out what the actual problem is. Its pretty bad when other drs. and hospitals say that they have alot of his patients coming to them for the same issues that I have!!!!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

Dr. Stephen P. Cafferty's Credentials

• Wv Sch Of Osteo Med, Lewisburg Wv 24901 (Grad. 1987)