Ratings for Dr. Mary W. Martin

I never write reviews for anything, but this appointment was so terrible, I have to warn others thinking about coming to see Dr. Mary Martin! First off, the walls are thin, so you can hear everything Dr. Martin was saying before and after the appointment. She spoke rudely to her assistants, which wasn't the best first impression. I'll preface by saying that she did ask me if there was anything concerning me that I felt the need to talk about. I'm healthy and didn't really have any concerns except for making sure my IUD was all good and I needed an annual exam because I hadn't been in a year. She wasn't personable when I met her. Asked very little questions and I felt that she wanted to get me in and out as soon as possible. She then proceeded to allow her nursing STUDENT do the exam on me. I'm a pretty open-minded millennial so I wouldn't have even cared if the student practiced on me, as long as the Dr. would have at least told me what was going on and maybe asked me first. But she didn't, and acted like it wasn't unusual. Mary proceeded to talk down to the student as she was trying to correctly place the speculum inside of me so she could see my cervix. Just picture that in your mind for a second. Your legs are spread, a student is trying (and failing) to get the speculum inside of you correctly, (which can be rather uncomfortable and almost painful after a few times of trying) while a rude and sarcastic doctor sits behind her and criticizes her for not doing it right. I felt like a damn lab rat, not a human. I've actually been in tears since I left because I just feel straight up violated. Needless to say, I felt the urge to write a review because I don't want anyone to experience this treatment. I also listed in my history that I've had a few abnormal pap smears, but all my follow ups have been OK since then. She didn't do a pap smear on me because they're now doing them every 3 years. I'm questioning that logic, especially with my history of abnormal pap smears so I'll probably go somewhere else just for peace of mind. I wouldn't wish this Dr. on anyone!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

The receptionis, who is also Dr Martin's daughter in law is so unprofessional it's almost comical! She does not answer the phone, does not return calls and acts like you're the bad guy if you comment on it. She told me to get a 2nd lab after a pellet insertion ($210.00) then wouldn't call me for 3 weeks and so it was money wasted. When I told Dr Martin she said, "let's just move on". I found another doctor, there's something going on there or she would get rid of the receptionist. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Had been going to her for about 4 years. 1ST - I called for a month trying to get an appt - had to leave a message everytime. Finally, I left a message stating DID THE DOCTOR DIE OR SOMETHING? IS THAT WHY YOU AREN'T CALLING ME BACK? Finally got a call - had to wait 1 1/2 months to see her. She and I both knew I needed an ultrasound - she had a new machine, didn't know how to work it. Finally just gave up as she told me to reset and I went through the same process as I mentioned above. She also misdiagnosed me for the past 6 years. I was VERY ANGRY a few weeks ago when I found out she had been treating me for something I didn't have and wasn't treating me for something I did. The last time I saw her, I swear to god she was on pills or something. She acted SO STRANGE. I never got the results from my pap, so AGAIN she failed to diagnose my problem. Lastly, THE RECEPTIONIST IS HORRIBLE!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

From reading other reviews I can give you an up to date review. The unaccepted has not changed, only worse. Find another doctor or change now before you really need a doctor.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Despite the unwelcoming-mess I received from the receptionist, Dr. Mary was very professional and helpful during my visit a few weeks ago.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

The receptionist has very horrible service. The first time around I went in for an appointment and they had a sign saying that they'd return from lunch at 1:30 but many people were sitting outside until 1:45 waiting for the receptionist INSIDE THE OFFICE to unlock the door. In addition, I notice that she's eating her lunch after her lunch period is over. There's no form of professionalism with the receptionist. Also when I have questions to ask her about the forms she acts like I'm bothering her. The overall visit itself wasn't too bad but all of it was soured by the receptionist's attitude and rudeness. A few weeks later I NEED to see the doctor and the receptionist tells me that she'd have to look at the schedule to tell me if they can slide me in and that she'd call me back later. Never got a phone call. Many times I tried to schedule an appointment through the receptionist, but she would always tell me that she'd call me back and I never once received a call. Overall very upset with the service. Will consider changing OBGYNs. Do not recommend.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

I wouldn't know if Dr Martin is a good doctor or not because I can't seem to speak to anyone to make an appointment. Called 6 times in 3 days and have not had a call back.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Was over charged for my co-pays. I have yet to be reimbursed. Wait time was long. Using the IPad for inputing my information was a nightmare. Had to do it 3 times and it still did not load. Was given a script for an issue that had never come up before. I filled it but never took it. Just had my labs done at my regular doctor and no issues....

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

Terrible experience, all around. I saw Dr. Martin twice in a two month period and waited at least 45 minutes both times. I don't mind waiting, but that amount of time is not reasonable. I had a biopsy completed and was not called with the results. I thought maybe it was just taking longer than what I was told, having never gone through this before. I called 4 weeks later and was told that I needed a procedure due to the results of the biopsy. The staff member blamed the lab for not sending the results automatically. I waited two more weeks for Dr. Martin's office to schedule the procedure, and it wasn't done. I requested my records be sent to another facility and the complete records were not sent which resulted in more waiting. The staff person seemed completely aloof and unconcerned at the amount of time this was taking. Four months after my first visit with Dr. Martin, I finally had the procedure I needed at another facility and will never go back to Dr. Martin's office. The possibility that I have cancer, however slim, did not seem to be taken seriously by anyone. To top it off, I received my bill which did not include a $35 payment I made at the end of my last appointment. They corrected it, but the staff person became clearly agitated when I asked if I would receive a new statement reflecting the correct amount owed. Is it unreasonable to want to maintain accurate records? Needless to say, I will not return and I would never recommend it to anyone, especially to women who may be in need of birth control.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Do your research before seeing this doctor especially if you are expecting. We found out the hard way that this doctor does not have privileges at the hospitals she says her patients can deliver at (Deaconess and Integris). We were informed that if we would of delivered at deaconess without a doctor with privileges for that hospital then I would have to have had antibiotics because my strep B results wouldn't be known, I would of had to submit to a drug test and I would of had to have a consultation with CPS! This doctor led us to believe that she knows doctors who will deliver us and when the exact doctor was asked, the doctor didn't even know who Dr. Martin was.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Dr. Mary W. Martin's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1991)