Ratings for Dr. Norm Abramson

Family doctor for years +++. After five years of regular visits complaining of bladder issues, and being put on prostate health vitamins, the usual 'drink more water' regimen. Asked if a specialist was required but was told it was likely a 'weak prostate'. Had a particularly bad day and no appointments were available. Went to a walk in clinic to be referred to a urologist, as the doctor said this long discomfort was not normal. Stage four bladder cancer.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Dr. Abramson has been my family Dr for years. However, the last few years I have been becoming more and more unhappy with attitude and demeanor. Today I went in to accompany my mom who is having trouble wih hearing and memory. I had to bring my two kids because I had no other babysitter. In not so many words I was told to not come into the room because they would be distracting for him. On one end I would agree that kids can be distracting. But if his staff is not willing to watch my kids so I can hear what the drs diagnosis is for my own mother then my kids and I have every right to be in that room. Maybe he should retire so he can get away from the 'noise'.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Dr Abramson was my family doctor for about 10 years, and has an adequate amount of knowledge. If he doesn't know something, he will look into it and get back to you. But the wait times are the worst, even with an appointment you will probably wait 45 minutes PAST your appointment time. Always needed to book a halfday off work just to see him. His office is very busy and staff can sometimes be unfriendly but usually fine. Am happier with new doctor, no wait times and very knowledgeable!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Dr. Abramson has been my family doctor for many years. He has been exceptional in his care and thoroughness. During my wife's illness and death he helped me through some of the most difficult times in my life, with compassion and ever-present care. I could never adequately express my gratitude for what he's done for me.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

Dr abramson has been with my family for years, my grandparents, parents, me and now my soon to be daughter. I hate waiting and sometimes you'll sit there 30 minutes before he sees you, but that just means he actually cares about his patients and he's not just throwing prescriptions around. So happy I have such a great family doctor, I literally brag to people about how great he is!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

He is a pretty decent Doctor. Takes his time and listens. I usually have a case to present with a lot of questions- he will verify or suggest another path. If you do homework first you get to the best diagnosis faster.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

Dr. Abramson is a good family doctor in my opinion. However, you always have to ask the questions and ask for any referral you feel is necessary. Overall, I am happy with his service and my family and I have been his patients for about 20 years.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Great doctor, Ontario needs more like him. Personalble, friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

He may be a good doctor for a man, but when it comes to "womens' problems, well, he seems less than comfortable and will take the easy road (ie rx for hormones)_ rather than trying to figure out what is going on. Lack of appointment availability to address ongoing issue lead me to find another doctor (thank goodness) who diagnosed , treated, and referred appropriate;u/

flag | Submitted December 18, 2010

Dr Abramson has been my family Dr since I was 9. He is a great doctor and really takes the time to hear his patients concerns.I reccomend him to all my friends.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010