Ratings for Dr. Gail Richards

If you want to know what happened you can read it up. She is not I'll like what they told us but she is under investigation. https://www.opatoday.com/OPDPOct12-18

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

I left a previous comment about the unrealistic ETA of Dr.Richard's return. I understand that Dr's are human - however the courtesy of up to date information would have allowed me to plan accordingly. My loyalty to Dr. Richard'of 13 years made me wait for her "soon" return - almost 5 years later - I now have confirmed information that he practice is closed. My chldren are 5 years older without a family Dr. I ould have liked to establish a relationship with a new Dr. sooner. True it certainly is NOT the end of the world having to retain new services. I have no idea what happened to Dr. Richards (health or family issues) however I wish her the best. As of now, I am skeptical about the "indefinite" nature of her practice closing andI personally will take it as a definite closing - given the track record of disclosure. IF any one has any idea of what happened (without breaching her confidentiality) Id like to know - (ie tending to family matters, personal illness) Id like just some assurance that Dr. Richard's OK. Despite the foregoing, she truly was a good doctor. Thanks!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

I believe her practice is closing indefinitely sometime in July of 2016. I can't belive that I am making a comment in 2016 and I agree with most people that she is a great doctor and her wait times were we outrageously. I am not sure what happened to you in 2012. I was pregnant and was left in limbo but I believed something might have happened to her heath or something tragic would she let her to abandon her practice. I will pray for you.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

I have been a patient for Dr. Richards for 20 years, she is one of the best. i too have been a bit disappointed in not been given a more realistic time as to when the Dr. Richard will return to work, however Doctors are human too and there must be a good reason for her not to be at work. i wish her all the best and i am praying she return to work soon….

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

She was my doctor but we have a new one now because she vanished in thin air atleast tell us why shes gone?

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I am not sure how I can be calling for three years straight and the receptionist tells me she will be returning "soon". It's very disappointing that a once professional practice is reduced to the ridiculous. Out of a mutual respect, patients should be given a more realistic time frame of her return so that we can plan appropriately. At times urgent care may be required and despite the Dr's disrepect for her patients time, we remain loyal, waiting for her "soon" return. Not only that, should I wish to transfer my files to another doctor, despite the unreasonable time frame, I do so at MY OWN COST. The audacity...I am unduly inconveniences by my doctor going MIA and I have to pay? I could go on but I trust readers get my point,

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I havee known Dr. Richards for about 18 years. She the best in the business but for three years she has been missing in action and we don't know why. We miss you Doc. Your loyal customers deserve an answer.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

She does not respect her patients' time; even if you have an appointment, she make you wait up to 2 hours before she sees you. Also, she generally seems to lack real hard medical knowledge.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Dr. Gail Richards was my doctor for more than 20 years. A great woman, and efficient doctor, but the office wait times, the deplorable and unknowledgeable staff, were terrible. Now she has disappeared, and where are all of our records?

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Dr. Richards is thorough and leaves no stone unturned. However, I have been a patient for 20 years, and her staff and their customer service is deplorable. They are rude and argumentative and inefficient. Her office is unresponsive to requests for file information. Recently Dr. Richards added a negative to request for information for my life insurance policy. Information that has not been provided to me. Resulting in having more invasive procedures. Further in attempting to seek a new doctor, her office took her office 6 mths & 2 requests to respond, and now they are trying to charge me almost $500.00, I am not a sickly person, so I don't know where this price comes from, because they did not provide a breakdown. So I called the office of the Physician & Surgeons at 416 967-2603. You should too, if you have had similar experiences. Maybe if she started paying appropriately, she would get qualified and professional staff. Very DISATISFIED.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012