Ratings for Dr. Shain Kara-Shariff

Dr kara is an amazing doctor. I only wished there was no walk in as that delays her seeing scheduled patients.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

People complaining about waiting time?! It's walk-in as if it is hospital emerge. Don't complaint about staff, as they cannot predict how long doctor will take with each patient. It's not a drive trough ( even so you won't know how long at the McDonald's every time you go there). Unless you have worked there don't B**** about it.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I worked with her in the year 2007/2008. She was always nice

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

I moved to this city ~5 years ago -- my 'family physician' (on paper) is located 1 hour away so it is unpractical to visit often. Dr. Kara has become my 'go to' when I need to consult with a doctor. I see her on a walk-in basis and I've gotten absolutely outstanding treatment from her. She takes my concerns seriously and wastes no time in making the appropriate diagnosis, prescription, or referral. As a walk-in patient she has been spot on with diagnoses, ordered me MRIs, and also referred me to a great orthopedic surgeon. Other doctors have discounted or wouldn't acknowledge my concerns, treated me as melodramatic and sent me away. Dr. Kara got to the bottom of my problems and put me on the road to recovery. Cannot say I'm surprised to see so much negativity in these ratings/reviews - though I feel compelled to defend Dr Kara. I think the negative reviews are misguided. First -- the office she shares with two other doctors seems a bit outdated/unorganized and can lead to long wait times, confusion at the front desk, etc. and so I think the problem lies with the 'staff' as a whole more than anything. Second -- Dr. Kara is a 'no-nonsense' type personality and I'm sure that rubs people the wrong way - but so long as you communicate clearly and have a legitimate issue she WILL go above and beyond to help. I've seen both sides of her (warm vs cold), and in hindsight I can say she's always treated me *appropriately* each time I visit. Would definitely recommend and I'm envious of anyone who currently has her as their primary physician (and can therefore book appointments/avoid walk-in wait times)

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Kara for over 25 years. I have been treated rudely, she has insulted me and she is often mean. With a booked appointment, I could wait anywhere from 1 1/2 to 3 hours, as a Walkin, I might have to wait 4 hours. She has signs in her waiting room stated that staff at the clinic will not tolerate abuse of any kind. I assume staff also includes the doctors, yet she continues to abuse her own patients. I am ready to finally leave her as soon as I can secure another family doctor. I have HAD IT WITH HER. I WILL NOT TAKE THIS ABUSE ANY LONG.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

I don't have a family doctor and this clinic is the only one I can attend within walking distance. The wait time is terrible. Every single staff members are rude and unwilling to help. It's so terrible every time I go visit. If I am more mobile, I would never go back. Dr. Kara is a doctor but she shouldn't be taking in patients if she can't possibly see them all. There is no respect for your time. I always break down and cry after waiting for 3 hours before I am seen. The staff don't care if the wait is long. They just take anyone without warnings.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

From the ratings here, I see she didn't change much–waiting for 3-5 hours with an appointment is still in place! She just milks the system. Gives wrong diagnosis too. Left her long time ago. But she is sooo sweet. Better find another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

She is rude and condescending, as others here have noted. The wait times are incredibly long, even with an appointment. I have spent several hours in the waiting room and while the staff are often helpful, they are not permitted to say much about the wait times. The straw that broke the camels back, however, was when she prescribed my aged relative amoxicillin when she was allergic to penicillin, and without warning. She can be nice, but you're advised to think twice.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

The waiting room is crowded and the wait times are ridiculous. Dr Kara does not honor scheduled appointments. She is rude, condescending, and does not care about her patients. The staff could do a better job at informing patients of the wait time, instead of just 'I don't know'. Terrible experience every time I go there.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

This happened a few years ago but I still remember it and finally got some courage to post about it. I was going through a traumatic time and made a medical decision best fit. I had come in to be seen by her in which I had to share my medical history. She then stated this rude comment which was pertaining to her personal beliefs in regards to my medical decision. It made me felt really bad about myself. I was going through a lot and to have salt rubbed into my wounds WAS NOT necessary. She could have said things in a different way, but I don't think she is sympathetic or professional like that. Lastly, the wait time is crazy it doesn't matter if you make an appointment or not. You are investing a work day at that clinic.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016