Ratings for Dr. Shain Kara-Shariff

I don't have a family doctor and this clinic is the only one I can attend within walking distance. The wait time is terrible. Every single staff members are rude and unwilling to help. It's so terrible every time I go visit. If I am more mobile, I would never go back. Dr. Kara is a doctor but she shouldn't be taking in patients if she can't possibly see them all. There is no respect for your time. I always break down and cry after waiting for 3 hours before I am seen. The staff don't care if the wait is long. They just take anyone without warnings.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

From the ratings here, I see she didn't change much–waiting for 3-5 hours with an appointment is still in place! She just milks the system. Gives wrong diagnosis too. Left her long time ago. But she is sooo sweet. Better find another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

She is rude and condescending, as others here have noted. The wait times are incredibly long, even with an appointment. I have spent several hours in the waiting room and while the staff are often helpful, they are not permitted to say much about the wait times. The straw that broke the camels back, however, was when she prescribed my aged relative amoxicillin when she was allergic to penicillin, and without warning. She can be nice, but you're advised to think twice.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

The waiting room is crowded and the wait times are ridiculous. Dr Kara does not honor scheduled appointments. She is rude, condescending, and does not care about her patients. The staff could do a better job at informing patients of the wait time, instead of just 'I don't know'. Terrible experience every time I go there.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

This happened a few years ago but I still remember it and finally got some courage to post about it. I was going through a traumatic time and made a medical decision best fit. I had come in to be seen by her in which I had to share my medical history. She then stated this rude comment which was pertaining to her personal beliefs in regards to my medical decision. It made me felt really bad about myself. I was going through a lot and to have salt rubbed into my wounds WAS NOT necessary. She could have said things in a different way, but I don't think she is sympathetic or professional like that. Lastly, the wait time is crazy it doesn't matter if you make an appointment or not. You are investing a work day at that clinic.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Can't comment on the Doctor herself but I will say that the wait times to be seen are ridiculous. The least the staff could do is be honest about how long you can expect to wait. I will never return.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Everything about the staff, Doctor and clinic are terrible. Find a respectable practice who will value your time and needs. Horrible place, how can they be in business?

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

Rude and she is always in a rush. She is not very thorough. It's better to see Dr. Ron Lindzon who also operates at this clinic. He is a better doctor.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Very professional and knowledgeable Doctor. Was able to make an accuarate diagnosis almost immediately. Highly reccomend Doctor Kara

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

In my experience she has always got to the root of the problem and given the right diagnosis. Dr Kara was super efficient and was very thorough ..

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015