Ratings for Dr. Ian Phelps

Very friendly bang on with my illness I was satisfied with his services

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Do not go to him if you seek medical attention. I went to emergency cause I hurt my hand. The nurse sent me for 3 x-rays. Dr. Phelps came to see me and told me my hand wasn't broke but was still going to take 6 wks to heal. His phone rang while he was seeing me and he didn't give me the time of day anymore. I was rudely excused and he had no more to say to me. I went to see my family Dr. a month later for the check up and he told me that my hand was in fact broken but it was now healed. So now I may have to get a re-break and structured just to repair the damage. He definitely shouldn't be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

That last comment bothered me,especially the "imposter" part. Dr.Phelps is one of the best doctors around. I worked for him the first 6 months he had his practice open so I saw first hand how he cares for his patients and how amazingly smart he is and how he went the extra mile to help people. I know if I was ever seriously injured or really sick, I would be hoping Dr.Phelps was the ER doctor when I came in. The person in the previous comment said she heard him say she was drug seeking. There are many other patients in ER at the same time as you so how do you know he was talking about you? As for giving you drugs instead of treating you for a stroke, what do you think is the magic treatment for a stroke? I'm sure he was following the protocol for your symptoms. Instead of looking to blame someone for your stroke, why not concentrate on being happy and thankful for your health. Positive people live longer, happier lives than those who dwell on and live for negativity.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2009

Ive decided to tell my story about this Imposter on the anniversary of my stroke until I die. This year Im a little late. On June 6, 2006 I suffered my third stroke. I was taken to the MH Emerg by my husband with what I thought was a severe Migraine Headache. But this time I was confused and lost the left periphial vision to my left eye. I was unfortunate enough to get Dr. Phelps as attending phys. He pumped me full of stuff, and nothing worked. Never once check me for a stroke. But I overheard him say to one of the nurses that I was drug seeking. When she came back in I asked her to remove the IV, I was leaving extreme pain and vision lost still intact. The next day I was finally diagnost as suffereing from a massive stroke, flown to Calgary Foothills for a week stay. To this day my vision has never come back to what it use to be. I will stand by my word and say this man should never be allowed to practise Medicine in this Country. Any medical care from him could cost you your life!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2009

DR. Phelps was recommended to me by another doctor's wife, who knew him well. I had a good visit with him about some chest pains, and was sent to the lab for tests. Still no results after two weeks, I phoned the office and was told he did not want me as a patient. I asked what happened, and the receptionist said I had been rude when someone called me at home to arrange an appointment. No one ever phoned me and I am certainly not a rude person. That didn't make any sense. She told me he can choose who he wants as a patient. Interesting. I happened to see Dr Phelps a year or so later, and asked him what happened. He hadn't a clue. So what happened I don't know, and I doubt I ever will.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2009

Had this doc when he was an intern and he was incredible. Now, I wouldn't give you a plug nickle for him. He comes in does little to no examination, will either send you off for a test or prescribe you with some heavy duty pain med. Hmmmmmmm just figure out why I am here before you sluff me off. Had to wait forever to get an appointment to get MIR results and then found out he was closing his practice to only see patients in the ER. Not enough doctors in Medicine Hat and he has to leave. Must be better money in the ER and being head of the ambulance. To bad because this man had great potential to be a great doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

HAD A PHYSICAL IN SPRING, DR CLOSED OFFICE FOR SUMMER, WHEN I GOT SICK IN FALL, WAS TOLD NO URGENT CARE APPTS AS HE TOOK TOO MUCH TIME OFF DURING SUMMER AND TOO FAR BEHIND, "JUST GO TO ER, OR A WALK-IN(THIS DR HAD NONE)". WENT TO ER, 3 TIMES, LEFT MSG'S W/ HIS OFFICE AFTER EACH ER VISIT WHEN I HAD TEST DONE,AS HIS OFFICE KEPT CANCELLING MY APPTS FOR 2 MONTHS, DUE NTO DR GOING OUT OF TOWN, INSTEAD OF CARE I RECEIVED A LETTER WITH DR. DISMISSING ME AS PT, FOR THE REASON "I NEEDED MORE CARE THAN HE WAS WILLING TO GIVE"..I WAS NEVER SICK FOR THE PREVIOUS 2 YEARS I WAS HIS PT, NOT AM I ON ANY MEDS OR HAVE ANY CHRONIC ILLNESSES. I NEVER GOT ANY CARE WHEN I NEEDED IT NOR DID I GET THE RESULTS OF MY PHYSICAL OR RESULTS OF TESTS, AND IMAGING DONE BY ER, NOR WAS I REFERRED TO ANY OTHER MD. THIS DR JUST DOESN'T CARE.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Excellent Dr and his use of his Physician Assistant makes it easy to get in for prescription renewals etc. Best Dr I've ever had!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

Excellent doctor, friendly, +++ smart, kind and caring towards to his patients. He always makes time for his patients and addresses concerns.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2007

He has got to be the best doctor I have ever known.He is so funny and doesn't talk down to you,he treats everyone as an equal.I completely trust him with my whole family's care.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2007