Ratings for Dr. Charles Agbi

Dr. Agbi was my surgeon for removal of a meningioma brain tumor. On our first appointment he took the time to answer all of my questions. He did not rush me at all. We went through the MRI and he explained everything and put me at ease right away. He was very knowledgeable and assured me that everything would be ok. He then gave me a booklet and said read this it will generate more questions that we can review on our next appointment date to discuss the operation. I had abut 30 questions for him the next appt and he answered each and everyone of them . I was introduced to the team of surgeons and explained every detail of the surgery. I was confident that I was in good hands. I went in to the surgery feeling calm and confident that all would go well. Surgery was supposed to be 7 hours but lasted 9 . My husband saw the look of fatigue on Dr. Agbis face when he came to explain how everything went. My family and I are forever grateful to this man and his team. Post operative appointments ....he takes just as much time to listen to all of my symptoms and continues to leave me with a positive outlook for my recovery.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

My name is Melani Funnell and I saw Dr. Agbi today for my Chiari Malformation. He is so kind and caring. He really took his time with me and listened to everything I explained about my symptoms. He is so knowledgeable, explaining in detail about Chiari. I recommend DR. Agbi to anyone who has any neurological problems. I feel very fortunate I was recommended to him.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr Agbi is a kind and knowledgeable doctor. My recent diagnosis with a tumour was frightening and out of the blue. During my initial consultation, the doctor I met with was a "fellow" of Dr. Agbi. I was given a remarkable amount of information, worrying statistics, and told I'd learn more at my follow up, 4 months later. It was a difficult period to wait, with a lot of fear and little context. However, after meeting with Dr Agbi, I have had all of my questions answered, a thorough explanation of my scans, my prognosis, the treatment options and the treatment plan going forward. He readily agreed to provide me with a referral for a 2nd opinion, discussed the more holistic view - how the tumour is impacting me, both physically and mentally. Dr. Agbi made certain I understood everything and listened to my concerns / questions with patience, empathy and sensitivity. I am grateful to be in the care of this doctor, I have great confidence that I will get the best possible care.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Dr Agbi was my surgeon last August 2015 I had a Benign Brain tumor! He and his team were wonderful to me and put me at ease I have had several follow up visits yet not seen him to say Thankyou!! An incredible man Thank you from Leah Reid Ottawa

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Dr Agbi is a gifted surgeon. I had a Pituitary adenoma removed by him June 2016. Its true he does not talk much but who cares he knows what he is doing and in my experience having spinal surgery also in the past most surgeon dont talk much and yes maybe they have a big ego. But that is the kinda person i want fixing me. When i met him i could just tell by his demeanor and confidence that he knows what he is doing. My surgery and recovery was flawless and the staff at the civic was beyond excellent. His assistant Kathy is also amazing women. Thanks You Dr Agbi

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr Agbi performed a Decompression Surgery on me for Chiari Malformation. When I saw him my body was gearing up to have a Stroke. He performed the Surgery within 6 days after meeting him. I needed a pretty serious Surgery in Terms of how much of my Brain was effected and he did an excellent job in the Surgery. I do have to admit that he was always late for Appointments (but that's pretty common with any Doctor) and he doesn't like to talk a lot. Really didn't offer me much help at all after the Surgery except for Ordering several follow-up MRIs so definitely have a decent Neurologist before heading on to Agbi if you need somebody to help treat the Symptoms of your Disease but as far as Surgery goes (which is what he is, a Surgeon) then I would have to give him Top Marks.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

An amazing Dr with a sense of humor! Did wonderful for me Had Benign Brain tumor Aug 2015 I would highly reccomend him any day His entire team are kind Easy to understand and I owe my life to God who created this talented surgeon!! Thankyou

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

I would not be typing this review if it hadn't been for this amazing person. I collapsed with a brain aneurism and woke up several days later totally unaware of the tremendous effort and dedication Dr. Agbi and his staff employed to save my life. Specifically, my boyfriend still recalls the facial expression on the team members when they emerged from the surgery many hours later...exhausted but victorious. I have had folowup appointments with clear explanation and instruction, MRI s and so on to ensure I am still clear of potetial danger. The only reason I give a lower rating for punctuality is due to the fact that unfortunately I have never met the wonderful person responsible for me being here as he is always busy and a representative of the staff fills in for him. We are very fortunate in this city to have such knowledgeable dedicated surgical leaders available to us. I am forever greatful to God, friends and family for their prayers, and Dr Agbi and all the terrific staff who have helped me so far.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Where does one start, Oh yes, his ego. Open the door wide because it needs room to enter before he does. And if he has his clones with him you are just a body with an issue and he uses you to "teach" them. No eye contact, talks way too fast so he can get on to the next patient and show his clones how brilliant he is. 4 years later I am sitting on the floor, in pain because he decided it was too risky to operate and basically it was thank you very much, next. I have no love for teaching hospitals and when I am there I now know to demand no students so I get one on one face time with a doctor. I am NOT a guinea pig and he is not a coward.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

This man is arrogant and a giant a$$. Stay far away!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014