Ratings for Dr. Kara M. Nakisbendi

I wanted to say something nice, because Dr. Nakisbendi seems like a nice person, but as a doctor she dropped the ball big time. I spent a lot of time and money listening to her tell me that my pain was all in my head. Reading these comments, it's clear I'm not alone. (And-- the pain was real and diagnosed after 1 visit with a new gyn)

flag | Submitted May 25, 2013

Dr. Nakisbendi really "listened" to my issues, took a very thorough history, was very patient, addressed all of my concerns, examined me thoroughly, was reassuring, explained things well. The staff was polite, helpful, supportive.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Nakisbende for 6 or 7 years. Her knowledge,her compassion, her listening skills and her communcation skills have made me a more calm, centered and healthy person. She treats her patients with such respect and makes them a part of the process when there are decisions to be made. I am so impressed with her desire to reach out of the box and explore all functions of medicine so that she can apply the best treatment plan for her patient Anyone who is not happy with her must need a magician; not a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

Stay away from this doctor. She missed a diagnosis that apparently a 4th year med student should have caught. I got lucky, after a year of being told that my pain was due to stress, I sought another opinion. I had surgery to fix the problem and am no longer in pain. I am so grateful that I found another doc who really paid attention to both my body and my mind.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2010

I thought Dr. Nakisbendi listened, but misheard a lot and was too cautious not to hurt my feelings that she didn't address important issues like the importance of losing weight. She was so focused on mind/body- which I agree is important, but she focused on the mind and not the body and she missed a very simple diagnosis for quite awhile. (Picked up when I ended up in the ER because the pain got so bad that I decided it wasn't in my head no matter what Dr. Nakisbendi was telling me.) I love the mind-body approach, just not the way Dr. Nakisbendi uses it. You have to have your own confidence in yourself to know when you are right if you use her and be willing to get a second opinion. Better yet-- just see someone else first, she tries too hard to be a psychiatrist and a GYN simultaneously and I think she gets confused.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2009

I followed Dr. Nakisbendi from her ob/gyn practice at lankenau. she is truly a wonderful doctor, because mostly she listens. she is treating the whole person, so understanding about my weight issues. would NEVER make me feel bad about that like some doctors. her office is like a safe zone for anything and everything.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

Dr. Kara Nakisbendi is a brilliant doctor. She has changed the quality of my life by really listening and figuring out what exactly was ailing me. She looked at the whole person, doing the job of 4 doctors. I can recommend her highly. Very talented and caring.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2009

Top Doc! The people on this site who complained must have had bigger issues (ie., does not accept insurance.) I want a doctor to ASK questions and even better, to listen. I have never waited more than 10 minutes. Ever.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

She was not only on time for my appoinment,but Dr Nakisbendi spent a long time discussing my situation before examining me...I never felt rushed. She later called re tests and again explained everything well. This was followed up by another call after she spoke to my other physician. My first impression of her has been very positive in every way.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2009

I am amazed at the comments here about having to wait for this doctor. I have never waited more than 10 minutes, and frequently less. I was referred to her by doctors whom I regard highly, and have no reason to be disappointed with her care. On the contrary, I appreciate her concern, her advice, her time [I have never felt rushed], and her knowledge. I also like the fact that she looks at the whole person, not just at a collection of body parts; that's what being a holistic practitioner is all about, as opposed to traditional male doctors trained in the 1950's and 60's..... Perhaps some women are not used to her newer approach? And by the way, I have never been approached by her or by any staff about any additional services [yoga et al.]. They are there for the asking, and that suffices. I think it's good that they are available, for those who may be interested.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2008

Dr. Kara M. Nakisbendi's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1994)

Healthnet