Ratings for Dr. W. Bryan Byrd

Awful doctor!!!! My dad went in to get checked with Dr Byrd because he was losing weight, throwing up, couldn't keep any food down, and looked pale and sick! Got tested twice and blood count was extremely low and worrisome... Dr Just gave him some pills and said he would get a referral to hematologist and and schedule some other test and NOTHING happened!!!! They never got back to him or anything!!! Didn't even tell him to go to ER where he is right now getting a blood transfusion bc he found a doctor who actually cares about his patients!!! They should have told him to go to ER the first time!!! Do not recommend!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I am seriously considering finding another physican. At first I was very satisfied with his services, but now he has a PA. I realize a lot of physican offices are using PA's. If I were going to a clinic a PA would be find, but since I am scheduling appointments with my primary physican I would like to see him. I have not seen Dr. Byrd in over one year. Of course Dr. Brown is nice but I still would rather see my primary physican. I have an appointment comining up and I scheduled it with Dr. Byrd. I am going to see what happens.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

Dr. Byrd has been my primary doctor for 2 years. I have never had to wait over 5 minutes and he does listen to me. Unfortunately, he now has a P.A. so I do not get to see Dr. Byrd as often as I would like. I am sure that if I insisted or if I had a serious illness, I could see Dr. Byrd.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Dr. Byrd has been my primary care for nearly 10 years. He is a very nice person and I like him alot, but does really listen to what you say about all of your symptoms before making a diagnosis. The staff makes many mistakes and can be rude especially the check in clerk who sometime forgets that you are waiting. My service as a patient has declined over the years. Prior to expanding his services he was great, now he is never in the office so I usually see someone other than him.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

Dr. Bird is the only reason I miss living in Texas. I would recommend him to anyone that likes a doctor who is very available to his patients,and treats you seriously in a very personal manner. He is conveniently located so any tests/x-rays you may need can be done in the same visit.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Does not listen to what you tell him. Gets an idea in his head about what you have or what you need to do and there is no changing his mind. Is sometimes rude.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2008

Not very satisified with this doctor

flag | Submitted February 26, 2007

Dr. W. Bryan Byrd's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1998)