Ratings for Dr. Mike Bering

I broke my ankle, and Dr. Bering did the surgery to place a plate and seven screws into the bone. He was excellent in this procedure, and during follow up appointments. Thank you so much, Dr. Bering, for allowing me to walk again! You rock, my friend!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I received a TKR from Dr. Bering in August of 2014. The surgery was great. Had the surgery on a Thursday and was released 2 days later on the Saturday. Stopped taking pain meds after 7 days and haven't had any pain since. The only discomfort I had was when I was doing my mandatory stretches and even that wasn't really considered pain, just discomfort. The staff at the Medicine Hat Hospital, including Dr. Bering, was awesome. Made my pre surgery, surgery and post surgery a 'walk in the park'. The only tell tale signs of my surgery are faded 8" scar and a little numbness. It's hard to believe such an invasive surgery can be such a breeze. Thanks to Dr. Bering's expertise and the hard working staff at Medicine Hat Regional Hospital.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Dr Bering is AMAZING! He has done both of my husbands Rotator Cuffs - complete tears and did an amazing job and Also did my 24 year old daughters completely torn ACL, partial MCL and miniscus on her knee - she was back playing college basketball 5 months. She did do extensive pre-hab and rehab which was definitely helped her but this Doc is That Good. If I could give more than 5 stars - I would. Dr Bering knows his stuff - he is worth the wait! As in any case the Dr can do amazing surgery - patient has to do the rehab for best results. My husband and Daughter couldn't be happier 3/3 surgeries - Perfect

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Repaired my 4 year old daughters broken elbow with pins. Hes a very straight forward no nonsense guy he says it like it is and he knows his stuff. At the same time he was very gentle and great with my very scared girl he got down on her level and calmed her. Her elbow as been heeling wonderfully so far with no complications.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Couldn't be happier with his work. .my knee is way better than it ever was. ...

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

This man gave me my life back when he replaced my hip11 years ago, after being on pain meds for 3 years ( another Dr. would not do the surgery due to my age at the time) got me off pain medication and gave me a life.. Since then he has done a rotator cuff surgery which was another success. He and his staff take a straight forward, no nonsense approach which , have made me an advocate of what can be done with our health care system !

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Dr. Bering save my life in 1997, and I will forever be in debt to him. I had broken my femur in a car wreck. This was the first femur surgery done in Medicine hat and I am proud to have been the guinea pig. Oh and by the way my leg does not bother me a bit

flag | Submitted December 16, 2012

This is an excellent surgeon. Highly recommended. He is extremely skilled and professional. Medicine Hat is lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

Excellent orthropedic physician. I had two emergency operations due to a MC accident. Broken right ankle and fractured right shoulder and rotator cuff. I was impressed by his professionalism in treating me. Great personality.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

I was very disappointed! He had no empathy at all! He just didn't care at all about the pain I was dealing with, and not helpful in thinking up solutions to deal with the pain. He basically told me that my pain was not a big deal, and to just suck it up. Especially if he doesn't understand what's going on, then he shouldn't be telling me to just live with the pain, and that it's not a big deal. It's not a big deal to him! That's for sure!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009