Ratings for Dr. Blair Scrivens

Our family has been with Dr. Scriven's for over 25 years. He is kind and patient and never rushes through our appointments. He is very thorough and listens and we just love him. Best Dr in the County!!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Dr. Scrivens has been our family Dr. for over 20 years. He is a very compassionate, caring, non-judgmental person. I I cannot say enough about him. If he is not rushed he will take the time to explain things in laymans terms. He does not push medications unless necessary. A few years ago I had two major back operations and was in a very bad place...all through this time he and his former nurse were there for me. They understood what I was feeling and going through. We feel very Blessed to have him as our Dr.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr. Scriven's has been my family Physician for over 20 years and he is the most pleasant Dr. in the County. In my opinion he is one of a kind! He is kind and thoughtful, has a sense of humour and always listens and takes his time with you. He gets to the root of the problem He will always get 5 stars in my book.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

I saw Dr. Scrivens this past weekend through the Emergency Department in Picton. I have never had a Doctor sit down and EXPLAIN to me why I was ill. Instead of slapping the "you've got a virus" bandage on it, he actually took the time to acknowledge that I was sick, explain why, and what I needed to do to feel better. This was in the middle of what looked like a pretty busy day in the ER. I was pleased.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I disagree with most people saying he's a good doctor, my dad was his patient since Blair come to picton . And most of the time he didn't want to listen to my dad, Blair always that he was always right well we found how wrong he was in 2012. My dad has conic pain and he my dad on lenoltec no 3 quality of 300 per month then in 2009 he put him on morphine 90mg per day. Then after awhile I was noticing my dad's memory was changing. So we asked Blair about that he said yes it will mess with your memory so I asked him to take him off of them and denied to do that, this when on till January 25 2012 were I noticed my dad making strange noises so tryed waking him up and did not get a response, so I called 911 and so they took him to picton hospital the transfered him to belleville, he in intestine care for 4 days they. They doctor that work on him told me that morphine was the cause of it and was going to kill him if he stays on it. So I asked him to write to Blair to take him of of it. Then once my dad was out of the hospital we went to see Blair and again denied to take him off the morphine. Then a couple days later my dad thought he felt good to go grocery shopping, I didn't want to go. Then I got worried because he was gone for longer then usual so I started call family and friends if they seen him and didn't so I was going to go looking for him and found out he took both car keys and did not take his phone. So I called 911 and they found him at No frills with no memory of were he was so they took him to the hospital and when I got there I asked the doctor that was on call is this from the morphine she said yes you got to get him off of it or he will not be around next time this happens. So she sent a letter to Blair and saying that has to take the morphine away from him and doctor Blair did not want to do it till I told him to do it but I wanted him to take him off it slowly with being in the hospital under supervision and said no of course. So he just stopped him cold and caused a lot of pain and other medical problems. So my dad want to be put on other medication that can't kill him so he did but also caused problems then he went for a long time with nothing to control the pain. Then Blair put him on tridural and that was not working and my dad tolled he took one extra pill of it and said this not working instead of keep on trying other medications send me to specialist and of course he denied that and said if don't want to listen to me there's the door see your self out and next time see you you better be your death bed in the hospital. So tell me now is this a doctor you want for your self or your family member

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Dr scrivens is kind and competent. He always the time to listen and explain. Lots of fun anecdotes. Great with the whole family. Wonderful family doctor!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

Dr. Scrivens is smart, kind and takes his time to explain things. Very caring doctor. Very blessed to have him as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

In my opinion, the best doctor in Picton. He always takes his time to explain everything clearly and is never concerned about how much time he spends with each patient. He goes above and beyond what his job entails. Being his patient, I have felt extremely proud and lucky to have him as my physician. Thank you Dr. Scrivens for all your patience and care. You are truly the best!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

Dr. Scrivens has been our family doctor for a long time. He is especially great with kids. He has a great beside manner and is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

I have worked in the medical field for a number of years, and by far, Blair Scrivens is one of the best physicians I've come across! The staff are fantastic and all are very caring, I've always been very pleased with the care that my family has received!!! I had another dr however I could not ever get in to see him, this is not the case with Dr.Scrivens, if there is a problem I can generally get in that day, that's very important.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2012