Ratings for Dr. Joyce E. Mauk

Had terrible bed side manners and zero empathy. We were interviewing her to see if we wanted to use her as our neurologist. Never looked at one of many MRI's done, did a very poor exam and spoke to us in a very cold hearted manner. Needless to say, she was nixed as our possible neurologist.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I see she was pretty much the same with all her patients. Burn out case

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

I had a horrible experience with this provider and would not reccomend her to anyone. She is rude, judgemental and doesn't listen. I left there $1800 poorer and with a wrong diagnosis. I had beenough in a car accident but she attributed my headaches to my divorce 10 yrs prior. Fortunately I found a neurologist that IS capable and received great care. Her staff is rude but then if she sets the tone that makes sense. I would not send anyone I care about to her!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

No consideration for patients as customers, huge overbilling and unwilling to correct their mistakes

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Seems to be very biased about who she deigns to give care to. She negates her medical training for her ego. Went there for care of TBI issues, but never really got a chance to talk about any of them because after two minutes at the start of visit and reviewing health chart, she started criticizing the patient's clothing choices and declared patient did not need a neurologist but a psychologist. She declared all symptoms were psychosomatic. Did a rote exam without paying any attention, turning away while patient was performing balance tests. Didn't look at scans from injury. Didn't look at letters from GP and previous neurologist. Could not be refocused to discuss actual reasons for visit. Bigoted, patronizing, biased, rude, snotty, lazy, and extremely unprofessional. Do not recommend at all.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Mauk immediately ran EEG and MRI and diagnosed micro seizures were occurring due to medications for cancer. She does not patronize and uses proper medical terms when explaining the situation. She removed me from one med and put me on another and does ongoing check ups to reduce the meds. I felt her background in psychiatry also helps with her overall diagnosis. She is excellent!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Dr. Mauk gave my daughter back her life. After 18 mo of Children's Hospital neurology unit failing to arrest my daughter's severe migraines, we transferred to Dr. Mauk. Dr. looked at her chart and correctly diagnosed that she was on the wrong class of medicine on the first interview. Two weeks later my daughter was normal after losing over two years of her life to migraines that previously caused her to vomit up to 8 times a day. We are three years since that diagnosis with no relapse and Dr. has reduced the dosage slowly to half what it once was. Less medicine. A gentler drug than what she was one previously, and a well and functioning patient. Good job Dr. Mauk!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Dr was late for appt. I was to have nerve conduction test, of which I could'nt, due to too much PAIN! Dr. treated me as if I were a whimp/ not brave! Dr. was angry! Dr said there was something wrong, but did'nt know what, from just looking @ my right leg, besides severe withering? but again did'nt know why? Dr said there was something else serverly wrong, but did'nt tell me what or where to go to find out, or who could possibly help? Dr did'nt have any course for me to take,and no diagnosis? I left COMPLETELY CONFUSED! The visit was no help, and Dr showed me to be very cold/unconcerned! If the Dr only knew how important it was to get diagnosed with what *IS* wrong with me, as early as possible!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2008

Dr Mauk was very careful not to make a snap diagnosis, methodical and thorough. Fully explained options, pro and cons. . . . very helpful in being able to relieve my symptoms and point me in the right direction for future care.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2007

An appointment was made so that Dr. Mauk could review MRI and CAT scan results and compare them to previous ones. She did not do so, indeed, said there was no point in doing so, said that the patient's symptoms were psychosomatic or perhaps caused by relationship difficultues. She told the patient that he had a "penchant for hyperbole", insinuating that he was eggagerating his chronic pain, and prescribed migraine medication. (Patient does not suffer from migraines.)

flag | Submitted May 3, 2007

Dr. Joyce E. Mauk's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1983)

Top Hospitals in Edmonds, WA