Ratings for Dr. Lawrence R. O'Connor

In one word, I had horrible experience with his staff . They canceled my stress and echo twice in one month saying technician was not going to be available. I think they squeezed someone else in my spot and told me no technician was going to be there that day. Than there is the way his receptionist talk and treat people. I have been trying to do these test since September of 2015 and I finally decided to go to a different doctor and within one week I was set up with technicians and both tests were done.what shocked me was when I saw him visiting his patients I approached him and talked and explained to him all the cancelations and behavior of his receptionist and how they had talked to me and perhaps to other people, he took the side of his secretery, which made me realize why those office girls are so cocky and erogant, because their boss backs them up and tolerates this kind of behavior. May you have better luck than I did, just know if they talk badly or cancel too many times don't bother to complain to Dr oconner because he backs his receptionist all the way even when they are wrong.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Not told about cost of Optifast weight loss program at initial visits. One and a half years later received a demand for $14,000.00 payment. Eventually he was willing to accept $5400.00 as payment in full. Patients must be prepared for aggressive bill collection methods if receiving non-insurance covered services. We have left this practice because of these billing practices that were not explained to us at start. Of weight loss program. Very poor business practice to delay billing for a year and a halftime then demanding payment within 10 days from elderly retired Medicare patients. Office staff stated "doctor does not discuss fees with patients". I wrote letter to doctor asking for him to personally answer my billing questions. Only received response from staff after being patient for more than 30 years. Decided to go to social media sites to make sure other weight loss patients may become aware of his excessive fees and predatory billing practices.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2013

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

One of the most caring doctors who spends time explaining a proposed course of action. He has an exceptional reputation in cardiology. I find him curious, cerebral, and very helpful. I look forward to my yearly appointments. Because of his encouragement, I have lost weight and took up yoga and Tai Chi. He understands Eastern and Western medicine in that our minds can work with the physical. Exceptional professional!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011

I called him and had a simple question to ask before an operative procedure. He would not call me back and refused my calls.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2010

Dr. Lawrence R. O'Connor's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90024 (Grad. 1971)