Ratings for Dr. Santina Malaguti

Have been a patient of hers for about 25 years, and I applied today for a new family MD. So frustrated over the years. Today I had an appointment to get a follow up swab taken, which can also be done in my hometown in Welland at any clinic, but Dr. Malaguti urges me to do it right in her office. So I drove 45 minutes and was 7 minutes late due to lane closures/ accidents coming all the way from Welland to the north end St. Catharines for the second time this week. Apparently she had left the building and Darla the secretary told me “well you are 10 minutes late”. Darla, I was 7 minutes late, I have waited 2+hours after my appointment time to be seen on multiple occasions, and it is still her office hours! This is not the first time I have had a problem with dr. Malaguti but it is the last. Also she has definitely limited how many ailments you can have in one appointment. I am a busy shift worker and it is difficult to see her, she gives a lot of attitude toward me a lot of the time. I always feel as if I am being rushed in my appointments, and I work in healthcare so I’m not trying to linger. Both her and Darla are very unprofessional. I came in for the sole purpose of receiving results from a test done months prior and that’s what I had booked in for, and they did not have the results sent over from the testing facility, so I had to make another appointment to come back again- after waiting to see her for over an hour the first time!!! There is no way she is efficient when she is constantly running behind on appointment times. Also the office hours are ridiculous, as a shift worker it is nearly impossible to get an appointment in a timely manner.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Longtime patient - great doctor - secretary unprofessional

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

Have been a patient of Dr. Malaguti for more than 20 years. No complaints

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

I've been a patient for more than 20 years. She has always been polite friendly and to the point. She never limit's how many ailments you can have or have time limits for you. She stays with tell you are done. She take a personal interest in her patients well being. She is compassionate and caring. If you need to be referred to a specialist she makes sure you are seen and follows up to ensureceive you are getting the proper care. Darla her assistant is always polite friendly and smiling. She tries to accommodate you even if she is busy.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Dr. Malaguti has been my doctor since she first opened her office in St. Catharines (over 20 years ago). I have always found her to be an excellent listener, a caring and knowledgeable professional that is not afraid to "tell it like it is" and refer you to a specialist when necessary. Although I have had to wait to see her sometimes; I know the reason is because she is taking the extra time with the patients before me and she will do the same for me. She also cared for my son who has serious medical issues and saved his life. She is an excellent physician and I know she is there when I need her.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Dr. Malaguti has been my doctor for over 20 years. She has always been a professional, compassionate, caring person. She is very knowledgeable and takes the time to listen. I have never felt rushed at my appointments no matter how busy she is. Darla too is always friendly and helpful. I hope Dr. Malaguti is not thinking of retiring any time soon as I know I will never find another doctor as good.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Dr. Maluguti is very professional and helpful . I have never had to wait an excessive amount of time.She is easy to talk to and has a great bedside manner as far as I have experienced. Her staff has also been friendly and professional and efficient. I would recommend her .

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Since retiring and moving to the Lake I am blessed to have Dr. Malaguti as our GP. We never feel rushed through our appointments, she is very professional with amazing listening skills and is completely results oriented. Darla is a total reflection of Dr. Malaguti with her professionalism, mannerism, helpfulness and smiles. We are truly Blessed to have them caring for us.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Dr. Malaguti has been my Dr. For 25 years and has always gone above the call of duty whenever I have seen her. Darla and Maria are a direct reflection of Dr. Malagti's professionalism, always caring and helpful. When I got married a few years ago, she so graciously took on my entire family. Hats off to you and your entire staff Dr. Malaguti you are truly a credit to the medical profession.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

Always running late, I have waited an hour past my appointment time sometimes and the secretary is a B with an itch... As well your never in her office for very long and you can only bring up one concern and she shoves you out the door as fast as she can. Not a very professional doctor in my mind, best thing I ever did was get a new doctor!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016