Ratings for Dr. Liane Lacroix

I have been seeing Dr. Lacroix for about 40 years. She is caring, compassionate and never hesitates to refer to a specialist when needed. I have many health issues and feel cared for at all times.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Probably the worst doctor in Kelowna. I complained of knee and back pain for years. Hardly ever went to see her, only for thyroid meds. Never once laid a hand on me or asked me to bend, etc. Told me I was too fat. Went to see a specialist for pain as I didn't want "drugs" and in less than 10 mins he told me I probably needed a hip replacement. Simple Xray to confirm. Not even once did she suggest this and it is common (apparently) for a hip problem to display in this manner. 10 years I complained. 10 years of serious pain. Can't imagine what she has missed in other people. Run from this woman!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I feel so blessed to have Dr. Lacroix as my doctor. For the past 7 yrs. my health journey has been complicated & at times terrifying. When I found Dr. Lacroix two years ago, it was like a breath of fresh air. She provided me with insights not given by the variety of Dr.s & specialists previously seen. Many physicians find self informed patients to be frustrating and/or annoying, Dr. Lacroix respects my self advocacy and has been a great support for the self management role I take with my health conditions. She does her best to cover as much as we can in the time slotted for my appointments, is quick with forms, letters and referrals, and is not afraid to admit when another physician may need to be consulted to answer a question.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I have been seeing Dr LaCroix for over 30 years and she has been my kids Doctor since they were born . We are leaving to go to my husbands Doctor for a few reasons . She is very kind but is lacking in keeping up with retraining and new information. On being the birth control specialist and lecturing at UBCO to new doctors she did not go over risks with using the patch over the pill with my 20 year old daughter and within 1 month she had a blood clot in her head . (40%) more likely after reading up on it apparently! What a life changing mistake that was causing her to drop out of college, and being put on blood thinners and other meds . Her secretary / nurse is very unfriendly at times . Mammogram results also were given to me about another patient by mistake as our names are quite close ( I wonder if they did the same about mine). She is 72 and long over due to retire her practice before she puts another patient at risk !

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

She's been my family physician since I moved to Kelowna at age 5. She's always been available and helpful for me.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Time to retire .... Although she is kind, I find she just doesn't care anymore about her patients ! I went in with some major symptoms that scared me to death, she did a blood test and from there said that since they were normal there was nothing else she could do. I'm in pain. And I'm scared. And she doesn't seem to care. What makes going to her office even worse is how awful her front desk lady is as well ! At least Dr lacrpix is kind. But her assistant is so rude. I know this isn't in my head because my entire family gets consulted by this doctor. And we all feel the same way, and about the assistant ! Please retire. Or get more informed.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Dr. Lacroix is a caring doctor. She demanded many specialists’ tests without hesitation every time it was needed. I had cancer and c-difficile at the same time, and she took time to do researches and got me out of that terrible disease. She helped me deal with most of the crippling side effects of these diseases. Now I am out of the province for 6 months and still on a waiting list to get a family doctor to keep up her wonderful work. I love you Dr. Lacroix and miss you very much.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Lacrois since I was an infant (40 years)!! I think she has an outstanding bedside manner, and she consults other doctors appropriately... I feel she is eager to orders tests and diagnose conditions quickly. I will be very sad when she is no longer practicing!!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

It is time this doctor retired! She is clueless, her answer to everything is take vitamins, she will tell you that the test results you have are bad, but doesn't offer any explanation. She cannot remember from one visit to the next what she tells you, contradicts herself often. The sad thing is in Kelowna, you will not be able to get another doctor because you already have one, even though they should no longer be practicing medicine!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Lacroix's since I was a child. I appreciate her compassion and dedication to providing quality care. She listens and seeks the best treatment options.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014