Ratings for Dr. Eric Elkin

My husband and I are Dr. Elkin's patients for 16 years, since we moved from Montreal to Ottawa, and even as near as we could of his medical office! And, we are since very enthusiastically happy that we had the chance to know him as both: our family doctor, and as an outstanding human being. Dr. Elkin is ALWAYS there when you need his advices and professional help, and he always knows how to encourage you, while suggesting you the most helpful medical treatments. He is never too tired or too busy to fully listen to your concerns. Passionate and totally devoted to his patients, a music-lover and excellent flutist!, Dr. Elkin knows how to combine medical science with the beautiful art of sounds! GREAT DOCTOR! We are lucky to have him as our G.P., and we thank you, Dr. Elkin, to have accepted us as your patients!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

Perfect, know how-to, great human t his patientsbeing,helpfull and concerned abou

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Eric Elkin has been my family doctor for 35 years. He is personable, competent and frank. I travel a lot in unhealthy places and have happily relied on him for health care and advice. I have been extremely satisfied with his treatment and practice.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

Dr. Elkin has been my doctor for 27 years. I have never had to wait. If I need an appointment quickly, I usually get one the same day or the very next day. His previous assistant was much more efficient, and that is who I am comparing his current assistant to, so it may not be a fair rating.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2009

He will overall see you very quickly, but whenever you need him, he is there for you!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2009

Extremely conservative in treatment and screening for colorectal cancer.My mother died as a result of never being screened in 34 years of being in his care.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

Dr. Elkin is quite knowledegable and accommodating and makes referrals to specialists if required. However, his nurse is responsible for everything in the office except practicing medicine. She is generally overwhelmed. In my experience with about eight referrals, it has always taken her between four weeks and four months just to pick up the telephone and make appointments for those referrals. Attempts to get her to act any quicker are not met with any diligence whatsoever.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2007

Dr. Elkin accepted me and my daughter as patients even though his practice was full; he has always been polite and considerate with both of us, and takes the time to listen to our symptoms, etc. His nurse can be testy at times, but since I have made a point of being friendly with her, she has warmed up some. I have always been able to get appointments at fairly short notice.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2007

I know Dr. Elkin well. He is a real nice and compassionate doctor who truly cares about his patients. Unfortunately, his secretary/nurse is not always friendly or helpful.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2007

I have been Dr. Elkin's patient for many, many years, I have always been able to get an appointment on short notice when needed.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2007