Ratings for Dr. John V. Fenice

If you go with this doctor..you will never see him you will see Mary high is a crappy nurse and no doctor I'm betting she as killed people she will not give my mom meds and she is very sick..SHE WILL KILL YOU!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

I have been a patient with Dr. Fenice at Heritage Medical Associates for quite sometime now. I will say, Dr. Fenice himself is a very knowledgeable doctor and has always helped answer questions that I have asked him personally. His staff on Foulk Road, typically are amazing and helpful. They are prompt, and always polite. Now, when you go to his Heritage office right off of Kirkwood Highway, that is a different story. I have been to both of his locations, numerous times at both. When ever I go to his Heritage location, I feel like I am treated so poorly by his receptionist named "Michelle". She is by far the worst part of this practice. She has time and time again, never failed to be rude, disrespectful, ignorant, untruthful, bothered, disgusting, sickening, and many more! I think you catch my jist. I have witnessed her be very rude and disrespectful on multiple occasions to elderly people in the waiting room. To be honest, I don't understand why so many people tolerate her and don't take there medical issues somewhere else. I have seen her yell and talk disgustingly to elder women. One time, while in the waiting room, I actually saw her stick her hands down her pants, and "fix" herself. DISGUSTING! Another issue with Michelle is, she is constantly on her light grey and aqua blue cell phone. I have walked up to her to schedule my next appointment and she treated me like I was bothering her, and interrupting her cell phone/Facebook time. I have also on multiple occasions called for Dr. Fenice and she has lied to me multiple times saying she relayed my message to the doctor. When low and behold, the doctor is clueless and has no idea what I am talking about. She is useless. She is the WORST RECEPTIONIST EVER! If this issue does not change, I will more than quickly change doctors. So as of right now, I would recommend any new patients to stay away from his practice until he fixes his issue. Which at that point I wouldn't mind rewriting a better review. Hopefully he doctor will see this and make some changes. Sad to see a good doctor, and someone who is the face of his practice make him look so bad. Due to Michelle the receptionist I am giving 1 star under the staff field. If I could give 0 stars I would.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

I was with the practice since 1983 before Dr Fenice came along. When my family physician retired i was bummed to say the least, as i had been with him for over 2 decades. Apprehensive about my doctors replacement and reluctant to just accept a new Dr. simply based on the fact that he stepped in, I made an appointment anyway. Well, in the past 15 years i have been seeing Dr Fenice I couldn't be more happier, more satisfied and more cared for. Along with his staff, I would recommend them to anyone. A+++ in my book. Thanks Doc. Kevin Wynn (patient)

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Terrible reception. Called early first day to make appointment was told sorry..no appys. Explained urgency and was advised wld spk with dr. And call back.. 24 hrs later...still no call. Next day stop in the office.was told sorry and told to leave. Asked about making appt for the third day..told SORRY no appointments. Said would speak to dr.about issue to see if could call in anything. Finally get a call back-was told sorry cant call anything in..said the dr. Says you need to make an appointment. . REALLY...SERIOUSLY.. WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING FOR 3 DAYS!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

Dr. Fenice was my family doctor for many years when I was younger and he was in practice with Dr. Adams in Glasgow. He was always courteous and knowledgable. In my adult years I was referred back to him and while his office staff was a little slow he gave me his full attention when it was my time to be seen I don't remember any long wait times and he was very good at getting done exactly what I needed I had lost my insurance at the time and had to pay out of pocket he worked with me and gave me the care I needed without it all being about the money I highly recommend this doctor to anyone

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Dr. Fenice is a great doctor and I also like Mary High. Both are military people and they are very good at diagnosis and treatment. However, their office staff is very young and addled, like high school kids. Late for work, clueless comments on the phone, uninformed, and always in a panic. The practice would benefit from a much more poised and experienced office staff.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

Expect to wait at least an hour! Receptionist very incompetent and never gets pertinent messages to Dr. or NP. Don't ever expect to get a phone call back when you have a problem they don't relay the messages to the Dr. After many years and I started to have more serious health issues I realized I needed someone that CARES and returns calls! If your reading this review, heed the warning and DON'T go to this Dr. - find someplace else.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Had my mother wait 3 hours for her appt time and emergency blood work yet 5 times that I call the office they are too busy to get the information. They never return phone calls and clearly needs new staff...

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

Dr. Fenice is hands down one of the best doctors that I've ever seen. While there is some times a "wait" to be seen, it isn't longer than any other doctors office. Not only is he very knowledgable, but he and his staff are extremely flexible and professional. I've been a patient for almost 2 years, and even though in that time, I've moved, so it takes me an hour to travel to his office, I have not and will not find a doctor closer to me because I value and trust the advice and help that I'm able to get from Dr. Fenice.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

I had to call 3 times to make a new patient appt, should have figured it out then but i went anyway. I was told if I arrived 30 mins early it would help with the paperwork. I arvd 45 mins early, did pw in 15 mins, could hear the staff talking about how they hate working there and waited 1 hour and 45 mins past my appt time, asked for my copay back they said they didn't know how to refund from the cc machine, when I asked for a sup or mgr they said I had to wait for the Dr, I waited another 30 mins, was brought to an exam room only BP waited another 25 mins,Heleft the room 3 times for something else in 15 mins his kid was running around the office when he came back in I told him I was leaving & wted my pw back & my copay back he said the pw belonged to the practice & he would not refund my copay b/c I was seen in the office no exam & no chart docu I called the bank & cxd the copay transaction 3 wks later rec'd an EOB frm AETNA cld AETNA & followed up to be sure they get their money back

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011