Ratings for Dr. Karen E. Bowen

Arrogant sarcastic doctor, useless in my care. I tried 3 visits with her and after the 3rd strike, I quit. I would not recommend her to anybody. When asking her questions I always got answers around the original question, I ended up getting better weight loss results from the help of my GYN.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Terrible doctor, USELESS, arrogant, would never recommend her! Several friends felt the same way about their visit with her.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

Dr Bowen specializes in Bariatric medicine. She acted as a PCP for a brief time at Kernersville Family Practice, but now has her own specialty office. She is Fabulous! Very kind, caring, and definitely not arrogant. I have been going to her since I met her at Kville Family Practice for weight management, and she has been a great cheerleader and doctor. She has offered many strategies for weight loss, and is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

Worst staff and doctor ever! Will NEVER return to her!! I have 2 other family members that feel the exact same way! Maybe more training for and her staff may help, but for now.....terrible!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2013

I haven't had her as a pcp for very long but, so far so good. She didn't seem arrogant to me at all. She has been very friendly and encouraging. When I was beating myself up for because my blood pressure hadn't gone down and I hadn't lost much weight she cheered me on for the progress I did make and adjusted my meds so I could improve even more. All I have to say is: Yay Dr. Bowen! She is great. Don't let a few people steer you wrong.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Dr. Bowen is an excellent care giver. Surprised by some of the comments on her. I have never had any issues like that. I would refer her to any of my friends. Very knowledgeable, great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

A HORRIBLE DOCTOR, THE WORST I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. Kept looking at her pager, i never heard it go off. Rude and kept asking if I was suicidal. Do not know what brought that up. I never gave any indication that I was. Skipped over most things. First physical that I have kept on all of my clothes, and I am 54 years old. A waste or time and money. I do not recommend anyone going to this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2010

very attune to issues and remembers your past history

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

Bad doctor, rude, arrogant, not skilled and not knowlegeable

flag | Submitted October 11, 2008

Dr. Karen E. Bowen's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 2003)

MSP/BC Med