Ratings for Dr. Ray Guan

I had to wait for the dentist appointment so punctuality was not great. Also I was told I needed a crown and when I went for a second opinion the diagnoses was different and I didn't necessarily need a crown. I felt Dr. Guan didn't explain enough about the procedure and my options.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

I feel appreciated as a patient here. Dr Ray and his staff are friendly and have your best interest in mind. They make you feel relaxed and comfortable in all situations.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Great dentist, hygienists and office staff! They have always been very kind and professional while at scheduled appointments and they are very accommodating for emergency visits too. Great with young children as well.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Best dentist in Durham region. I've been to 3 other dentists in the region and he is by far the best. Needles are painless,the staff are friendly and professional. Wouldn't even consider going anywhere else.Extremly knowledgable and competent.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Great and friendly hygienist (Donna). All questions answered by her or reception. Dentist friendly as well and seems thorough.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Nice staff and new office. The hygienist answered all my questions, did a great job and I had no pain after my cleaning, unlike the prior dentist I had. There, they dug for gold!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I wouldn't go as far to say that Dr. Guan is a bad dentist however it seems like he made more problems than there were, he seems to find cavities and tooth decay where another dentist(2nd opinion) didn't seem to see it and the teeth that he did he deemed to be "not bad enough to start carving away healthy tooth to put in a filling". Also his prices seemed quite steep, although I have not been dentist browsing yet 200.00$ per tooth(again minor tooth decay) seems rather expensive.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Dr. Guan was an awkward experience, no people skills at all. Not to mention if you book first thing in the morning he is always late. Like my time isn't important. And if that wasn't bad enough they call me in early every time. I book an appointment at a certain time for a reason. I don't recommend his work nor anyone to experience his lack of appreciation for patients who bring him business.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Dr. Guan is gentle, knowledgeable, and has all the latest dental technology. He is staff is courteous and efficient. Oh, and contrary to another rating he has never forced cosmetics on me...in fact it has never been brought up.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

Amazing Doctor is great with kids and our whole family. Good to have him so close to home and great hours of business. Thanks

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009