Ratings for Dr. Robert Murray

Dr. Murray helped me assess my hypothyroid condition. In the past I have received extremely varied opinions from MDs which left me confused. I was very happy with the RX he recommended and he mentioned he would treat me while I traveled for work as well. This turned out to be false. I don't have the option currently to remain in one city with work. My only other suspicicion occured regarding his opinion that diet would not assist in Thyroid function. Anyhow, I left his office feeling assured and better than previously. Unfortunately, his staff did not accept that I travel for work and I was unable to find a DR regularly. I completed, in full, the recommended thyroid panel lab work with LabCorp to submit. His staff treated me as if I was committing a crime when I offered to pay for the evaluation if he would just glance at my labwork. I have never been treated so rudely for offering to pay to regard my thyroid health. I paid for this labwork out of pocket for no reason and now have no thyroid medication and need to pay another doctor again. I am truly saddended that honest patients who go to the full extent to support Dr. Murray, as well as to maintain a healthy thyroid could be treated in this manner.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

Dr. Murray did not even bother to listen to my symptoms. He touched the side of my neck (????) and said, "Nothing". Avoid him if you enjoy being alive.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I saw Dr Murray because I had extreme fatigue,weight gain vertigo all classic symptoms of hypothyroidism.Also had angioedema . Dr Murray was very helpful at the beginning , listened to me and decided to put me oh thyroid hormones due to my clinical symptoms ( blood work was normal rates). After 6 months of treatment and a little improvement I tried to explain to Dr Murray that I believed my symptoms could be related to estrogen since I noticed they'd get worse at my period and ovulation. He immediately disregarded what I said and told me if I was fat was because I was eating. After 9 months of treatment I did my research and went to my family doctor who told me it made sense ( I showed him some medical publications I found corroborating my theory)Put me on birth pills but told me I'd need hormonal replacement. I went back to dr Murray, showed him the papers , told him about the treatment. He was in awe, wanted to keep my material and said had no idea how to treat me or referrals.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

I finally switched clinics after 9 months of dealing with my Thyroiditis and having 5 other doctors tell me what they thought it might be just to have each test come up negative. I endured several MRI's, a spinal tap, tons of bloodwork, and toxicity labs to no avail. I became fed up when the last doctor I saw told me what I was experiencing was all in my head! Tremors, vertigo, fatigue, and massive confussion daily couldn't be causes by anxiety. I decided to change facilities and when I did I noticed an immediate change in care. The doctors at the Polly clinic know what they are doing. The first doctor I saw read what the other doctors had said about me in their notes and asked me, "Okay I read what their opinion is, now tell me your side of the story." I almost burst into tears. He told me that he thought I might be dealing with a thyroid storm and scheduled me an apt with Dr. Murray who diagnosed me. Dr. Murray made me feel like every symptom I had was normal and educated me.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2012

I have to agree about everything other reviewers have said. In addition, he found dangerously low levels of vitamin D through lab work, which no one else had ever checked. He is fabulous--I am convinced there are no endocrinologists anywhere else in the this state as knowledgeable and with the wealth of experience and expertise he has.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2009

I suffered for about 14 years with hypothyroid symptoms, and I could not get a doctor to listen to me. Dr. Murray was the first doctor to listen to me and talk to me and explain what was going on with my body. The first time I saw him, I actually left his office in tears of joy because I was just so relieved. My only issue is that once you're on a treatment plan, it's difficult to get him to change it if it stops working for you. Still, though, I admire him and would recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2008

I have seen Robert Murray, MD for over a decade. He is very knowledgeable and thorough. He is excellent at explaining your illness and treatment options and makes sure that all of your questions are answered before you leave his office. He not only reads your labs but also listens to your report of symptoms. This is very important in dealing with thyroid disease where the range of "normal" is wide. In my experience, he is protective of his patients and will speak on their behalf when other doctors give them a difficult time about pursuing treatment or when other doctors change his orders and make his patients worse.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

Dr. Murray has helped me with my hypo thyroid consition. he also was very helpful trying to find th cause of another problem I was having. He ran tests, one at a time, looking for the cause. I went to another specialist, on my on, who ended up with the correct digosnes(sp?) and when I later saw Dr. Murray he was glad I found the cause.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007

Dr. Robert Murray's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1975)