Ratings for Dr. Adrian Hughes

Very disappointed. Dread going to appointments. Behavior deplorable and condescending, far from the professional I once had as a doctor.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I came to Dr. Hughes extremely sick with chronic Lyme disease .. the same serious infectious disease as Avril Lavigne, Yolanda Hadid and Tommy Hilfiger's daughter have. He was not able to recognize my symptoms and test or diagnose me, but aside from that I looked extremely ill and he told me that I didn't look very happy ... what a thing to to say to someone who looks very sick and is suffering and coming to you for help ! His body language also made me feel like he thought I was crazy.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

My wife and I have been patients for over 10 years...myself over 15 years.....a great doctor...sense of humor puts one at ease...can be serious and forthright when the situation dictates...prescribes medication very carefully....He has done minor surgery on both my wife and I in his office...no problems....all in all a great doctor who has the full trust of both my wife and I.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Today was my first time visiting Dr. Adrian Hughes and it was a borderline inappropriate visit, regardless of it being my first time visiting this walk-in clinic. I met him 2 minutes prior, and when he swabbed my throat to check for strep throat he nonchalantly told me to "open wide and think of my boyfriend." He then smugly mentioned that I clearly "don't have a gag reflex." This humor is NEVER okay in an environment where one is a working professional and the other one has no personal relationship. The doctor's office should be a safe space, and although I'm usually tough enough to take the joke, it actually shocked me and I said nothing. I will not be going to Dr. Adrian Hughes' again as his joke was inappropriate, unacceptable and inexcusable.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Dr Hughes Is the first Dr that my teenage daughter felt comfortable with. Friendly,informative he has helper her out in so many ways

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

Dr. Hughes has been my family doctor in Kelowna for about 16 years. I moved to the Vancouver area in 2014, where it is next to impossible to find a new doctor, so every 3 months I take the bus back to Kelowna to see him and it is worth it. He is friendly, knowledgeable and easy to talk with. I see him mostly for issues I have with depression and anxiety. If I am anxious or nervous his personality alters the cold, sterile environment to warm and welcoming. If I am questioning my self-worth or feeling insecure, he challenges me, which is what I need. If you are suffering from depression and are looking for someone to encourage you, Dr. Hughes is not the doctor you are looking for as his dry sense of humor may come off as cold and uncaring. He is an excellent doctor, not a therapist. When I have seen him for physical issues, he goes above and beyond. He is very human and will work with you, like a detective, to find the best way to treat whatever issue you have to get you healed and healthy long-term. Though the wait times can be quite long if you are going in on a walk-in basis, the majority of the staff is friendly and kind. Easily the best clinic in Kelowna.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr. Hughes is the best doctor I have ever seen. I hope he stays in practice long enough to treat my children because I don't know if I could trust anyone else. I have severe anxiety and he does his best to make me feel comfortable while I'm there and always makes me laugh. No one is comparable to this incredibly hilarious Doctor! I hope he reads his raving reviews and ignores the people who take life too seriously.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Make sure you check that he writes the correct stuff. Ridiculous excuse for a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Brought my son here to see the Dr for an ear infection. The medication he prescribed for that was fine, but then said that my son had allergies and said he needed a steroid nasal spray for that. I asked if that was ok for a child and for one with asthma, he said it should be fine. I trusted my instincts and didn't fill that prescription. I came home and did a little reading on the drug. Turns out in studies that one of the kids that used it ended up dying from an asthma attack.....glad I trusted my gut and not the Dr. this time.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

I'm a female and recently saw Dr. Hughes for the first time, he is so so nice and makes you feel comfortable by being personable and humorous. He makes you feel so comfortable that you feel you can tell him your life story (but don't do that lol). He has a non- traditional approach to his personality which is really refreshing, not your regular medical doctor ! He takes your complaints seriously and is very open to what you would like to see done. He is also very straight forward and you get the feeling that he's being real with you. I would continue seeing him 100% but I'm looking for a female doctor, highly doubting I will find one that compares to Dr. Hughes though.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015