Ratings for Dr. Adrian Hughes

Hughes is good however the staff are awful. Some people really should find other jobs.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

I had to wait for a while to see Dr. Hughes, as it is a walk-in clinic. His staff got railroaded by a crazy patient on the phone, and shortly after in person., which she handled like a pro. The patient was totally out of line and most definitely mentally ill. Dr. Hughes was kind, professional, and took cared of my medical needs. His sense of (APPROPRIATE) humour and medical knowledge were on point! Thank you!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Very disappointed. Dread going to appointments. Behavior deplorable and condescending, far from the professional I once had as a doctor.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I came to Dr. Hughes extremely sick with chronic Lyme disease .. the same serious infectious disease as Avril Lavigne, Yolanda Hadid and Tommy Hilfiger's daughter have. He was not able to recognize my symptoms and test or diagnose me, but aside from that I looked extremely ill and he told me that I didn't look very happy ... what a thing to to say to someone who looks very sick and is suffering and coming to you for help ! His body language also made me feel like he thought I was crazy.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

My wife and I have been patients for over 10 years...myself over 15 years.....a great doctor...sense of humor puts one at ease...can be serious and forthright when the situation dictates...prescribes medication very carefully....He has done minor surgery on both my wife and I in his office...no problems....all in all a great doctor who has the full trust of both my wife and I.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Today was my first time visiting Dr. Adrian Hughes and it was a borderline inappropriate visit, regardless of it being my first time visiting this walk-in clinic. I met him 2 minutes prior, and when he swabbed my throat to check for strep throat he nonchalantly told me to "open wide and think of my boyfriend." He then smugly mentioned that I clearly "don't have a gag reflex." This humor is NEVER okay in an environment where one is a working professional and the other one has no personal relationship. The doctor's office should be a safe space, and although I'm usually tough enough to take the joke, it actually shocked me and I said nothing. I will not be going to Dr. Adrian Hughes' again as his joke was inappropriate, unacceptable and inexcusable.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Dr Hughes Is the first Dr that my teenage daughter felt comfortable with. Friendly,informative he has helper her out in so many ways

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

Dr. Hughes has been my family doctor in Kelowna for about 16 years. I moved to the Vancouver area in 2014, where it is next to impossible to find a new doctor, so every 3 months I take the bus back to Kelowna to see him and it is worth it. He is friendly, knowledgeable and easy to talk with. I see him mostly for issues I have with depression and anxiety. If I am anxious or nervous his personality alters the cold, sterile environment to warm and welcoming. If I am questioning my self-worth or feeling insecure, he challenges me, which is what I need. If you are suffering from depression and are looking for someone to encourage you, Dr. Hughes is not the doctor you are looking for as his dry sense of humor may come off as cold and uncaring. He is an excellent doctor, not a therapist. When I have seen him for physical issues, he goes above and beyond. He is very human and will work with you, like a detective, to find the best way to treat whatever issue you have to get you healed and healthy long-term. Though the wait times can be quite long if you are going in on a walk-in basis, the majority of the staff is friendly and kind. Easily the best clinic in Kelowna.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr. Hughes is the best doctor I have ever seen. I hope he stays in practice long enough to treat my children because I don't know if I could trust anyone else. I have severe anxiety and he does his best to make me feel comfortable while I'm there and always makes me laugh. No one is comparable to this incredibly hilarious Doctor! I hope he reads his raving reviews and ignores the people who take life too seriously.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Make sure you check that he writes the correct stuff. Ridiculous excuse for a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016