Ratings for Dr. Richard J Shepard

Wow! I've read all of the comments and I can honestly say that I am floored by the negative ones! I've been seeing Dr. Shepard for 15 years now and I have seen the office change in that time. The ONLY bad experience I have ever had with him was that the wait time to see him was at one time inordinately long. If my appointment was at 11, I'd arrive 10 minutes before, but wait as much as 40 minutes after my appointment to get out of the waiting room into a patient room. However, that has changed and in the last five years have never had to wait more than a minute or two to be called in! I absolutely love his staff and I trust his judgment implicitly!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

Dr. Shepard is a great doctor - compassionate, knowledgeable, listens well. He doesn't make you run unnecessary tests and refers you to a specialist if the issue is outside his expertise. He is well organized, and his staff email you test results within 2 days of tests. Messages are always returned in a timely manner. Dr. Shepard takes time to explain tests he is ordering, makes recommendations and answers all of your questions. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2012

Dr. Shepard is a good Doctor, knowledgable & helpful, but unfortunately overworked & rushed much of the time. His staff however could use some changes. Receptionist is abrupt and his latin nurse is the rudest, nastiest, most miserable nurse I've ever encountered. His other nurse however is quite nice & competent.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

I think Dr.Shepard is a good doctor; I have been to him three times. He was also open to reading literature I brought him and did not brush it off, in other words he is not against learning from his patients and does not seem on an ego trip.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009

Friendly, patient, listens to you, recommends seeing a specialist if problem is not in his comfort area. I trust his judgment and am comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2008

Terrible, unprofessional doctor. I questioned his opinion (as legally I am allowed to do) and he dropped me as a patient. God complex. Do not waste your time with this individual, there are plenty of more professional and better doctors in the NYC metro area. Waiting time is the worst I've experienced in NYC.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2008

Dr. Shepard is a solid, good doctor. He took the time to listen to me and seems to genuinely care about my health.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2007

I love Dr. Shepard. My husband and I have been going to him for 10 years. He is knowlegable, thoughtful, and thorough. The only drawback is the wait time if you don't have a scheduled appointment.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2007

He's a super-duper doctor. He is very helpful and cured me right away. I left with a bunch of stickers. very good doctor. very responsive. he treats me like a son.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007

Do not recommend! Unfriendly, always rushing, as if you were doing him a favor. Long wait! Major mood swings, totally unpredictable. Likes to snap at his patients, could care less about their condition.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2007

Dr. Richard J Shepard's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1974)